Sometimes I wished I didn't start detailing

Discussion in 'That'll Buff Right Out' started by pLaYIstIcPimP, Jul 20, 2008.

1. pLaYIstIcPimP

pLaYIstIcPimP New Member

I know most of you probably get this same feeling, but until I started detailing I never noticed this. But now since I know what to look for and what process is needed, i find myself looking at EVERY car I see and looking at the swirls on the car and how I could get them out and if I should approach them about how bad their car looks and the improvement I could make. Maybe it is just me, but everywhere I drive, I find myself looking at other peoples swirls which is 98% of the cars/trucks on the road.

/rant

2. Morgan06

Morgan06 New Member

I only do that when I see high dollar cars ($60K+) with fucked up paint, and wonder to myself "Why hasn't this rich bastard called someone about this?". These are the types of customers that have someone come by for landscaping, housekeeping and toilets that don't flush. Why not a service provider for their car?

3. Original

Original OT Supporter

whats worse is when i spend 100's of dollars on products and paint only to hear people say "i can't see a difference" :wtc:

so many things a detailers eyes catch

4. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

I hear ya. Even worse, I passed it on to my kids. While neither one is that intersted in detailing, they sure can spot a swirled car a mile away.

5. deadmeat

deadmeat Active Member

My wife consistently rags on people who don't keep their cars nice because hers is always nice and shiny. My brother in law is a doctor who never used to take care of his cars, but starting with a couple suggestions I made for his 540 years ago - he started getting REALLY picky about his detail people.

6. bmilt

bmilt New Member

I am the same way. Whenever i see a super clean/dirty car i imagine what it'd be like to clean it at work. Easy quick in and out or have to sit on it all day

7. ijaen

ijaen New Member

Same here, I usually tell them directly that their paint is all fucked up and that they need to take better care of it.

8. dirteemac

dirteemac hey, how are you?

I wish i could just drive my car and be happy with it's fucked up swirly paint but instead i gotta spend whole days keeping it clean and trying to get some of the goddamn swirls out.