GUN Sometimes I hate surveys.

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by [DWI], Dec 5, 2007.

1. [DWI]

[DWI] Master of Nothing

So for some reason my school put out a survey to some randomly selected students. The vast majority were on risk taking behavior and opinions on them, do you drink smoke week, PCP, GHB, Cocaine and the like, how risky is each, how much do you do them, what do you friends think of these things, what do you think of unprotected sex. As well as the basics do you live off campus, what year are you, what is your GPA, ect.

Then out of now where how often do you carry a weapon (i.e. knife or gun) 1-3, 4-6, 7-9, 10+. Judging from the rest of the survey the you know they are targeting what they believe are "negative" activities of course they don't give an only where legal block. So of course in the survey and the results of its students that my college will no doubt get my results say I carry a weapon more than 10 times, only because there was no everyday or only when legal option and I am sure that they will assume that is a highly risky undesirable action.

Although I did get a chuckle out of a researching looking at the results, no binge drinking, no drugs way too god damn straight laced and then carry a weapon all the damn time, I'm sure they're kind WTF mate. :rofl: [/rant]

Cliffs: School survey (http://www.siuc.edu/~coreinst/) administered for FSU, portrays carrying a weapon in the same list as Cocaine, LSD, binge drinking and unprotected sex.

2. Keesh

Keesh New Member

Didn't you know college students who own guns are more likely to:

* Engage in binge drinking,
    * Need an alcoholic drink first thing in the morning,
    * Use cocaine or crack,
    * Be arrested for a DUI,
    * Vandalize property, and
    * Get in trouble with police.

Look I can prove it http://www.bradycampaign.org/action/schools/ :hsughno:

3. Paul Revere

Paul Revere OT Supporter

In states without “right to carry” laws, there have been 15 school shootings. In states that allow citizens to carry guns, there has been only one.

The five school shootings that occurred during the '97-98 school year took place after the 1995 Gun-Free School Zones law was enacted, banning guns within 1,000 feet of a school.

Lott J, Landes W; "Multiple Victim Public Shootings, Bombings, and Right-to-Carry Concealed Handgun Laws: Contrasting Private and Public Law Enforcement"; University of Chicago – covers years 1977 to 1995

if only people did their homework :hs: (pun intended :mamoru: )

4. Aequitas

Aequitas If it keeps on raining, levee's going to break.

I hate surveys all the time, waste of my damn time.

5. Gaunt

Gaunt blood for the blood god OT Supporter

i think i got that survey but deleted it without openning it.

6. Soybomb

Soybomb New Member

My degree is from SIUC, it has a reputation for being quite a drunk campus :big grin: