SRS somethings wrong

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by spizarxxx, Sep 24, 2007.

1. spizarxxx

spizarxxx DSLR, GSD, DJ CREW & OT's Resident On Air Personal

I feel like an outcast in this city, and its starting to depress me.

my life summed up quickly

the pros:
    I am a DJ for a radio station, I do this for a full time job, I make decent money.
    I have a very supportive SO
    I moved from Denver to Eugene,OR. about 6 mos. ago
    I decided after being out of school for 7 years that it was finally time go to back and further my education.

the negatives:
    I cant sleep at night
    I feel like I am an outsider at my work.
    even though I have a good job I feel like I dont wanna do it
    I have no friends here that want to hang out, it seems like if you are new here you arent going get very far friendship wise. (you either have to be a rich liberal brat or a smoked out stoner)

I dont feel like I fit! something is missing and I dont know what it is... I feel like it is going to affect my relationship with my SO soon if something is not resolved. maybe I am a little home sick? I dont know, its just the 2 of us and we are used to having friends...

2. Mayra

Mayra OT Supporter

Yeh, if you've only been there 6 months, you are defintely homesick. work can also been kinda tough for about the 1st year. It took me 2 years to even get comfortable when i moved to a new city....and work, well, work is work. :hs: Just give it sometime, possibly look online for any social clubs, most cities have some sort of group that meets up for different activities. Hope that helps :)

3. DrK_Mrk_iV

DrK_Mrk_iV OT Supporter

I feel the same way. I feel like I don't fit in with my city or really anyone that goes to my college. Oh well, if it doesn't get better than relocate.

4. spizarxxx

spizarxxx DSLR, GSD, DJ CREW & OT's Resident On Air Personal

thinking about doing that after I have been here atleast a year!

I seriously feel like I wasn to quit and just go home atleast 3 times a week:hs: