GUN Something tells me there is going to be more backlash

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by [DWI], Sep 15, 2006.

1. [DWI]

[DWI] Master of Nothing

First the school shooting in canada and now this

School Plot Update
    September 15, 2006
    Two Green Bay East High School students have been arrested in connection with plotting a "Columbine" style attack on the school.

Shawn Sturtz and William Cornell are expected to appear in Brown County Circuit Court later today for a bond hearing. Both are 17 years old, which means they will charged in adult court.

Brown County District Attorney John Zakowski said formal charges likely will not be filed until Monday.

Green Bay Police Capt. Lisa Sterr said the two had been planning the attack for months.

Police are examining where their weapons were obtained from. Some may have come from family members, Sterr said.

Lt. Tom Molitor said there are still many unanswered questions and the investigation continues.

The two had homemade bombs, napalm and an assault rifle, police said.

"I think the parents were well aware that there were weapons in the house," Molitor said.

Zakowski said he can't charge the parents with being ignorant, but charges will be considered if crimes were committed.

Green Bay Area Public School District Supt. Dan Nerad said school continues today at East H.S. Counselors are available for the students who need them. Assemblies were held with the students, as well.

Nerad praised the student who came forward with the information that Sturtz and Cornell were planning something.

Nerad said school security measures will be reviewed but said no immediate changes are planned.

http://www.wluk.com/common/article.shtml?article_id=1158333499026138

Who thinks there is going to be an even harder push for stricter gun control over this, not that stricter rules would really do much to keep weapons out of the hands of people like 17 y/o HS kids that shouldn't be able to buy them anyways.

2. cabriolet

cabriolet ...

IBassaultriflewaspumpaction.22

3. [DWI]

[DWI] Master of Nothing

wouldn't surprise me.

They need to enforce the laws they already have and not go pushing for new ones, god knows they already have enough laws.

4. Gimik

Gimik New Member

5. Artyboy

Artyboy Necessity is the excuse for every infringement of

Honestly I think that there will be a bigger push against violent video games and for less annonymity on the internet. Joking around and big talk will be taken MUCH more seriously, especially in the case of teenagers. I just hope that it doesn't trickle over to us. I think it's fine that they investigate people who are making threats on the internet. To me talking about how much you want to go out and kill people is no differant than calling in a bomb threat. You just have to use common sense about it. There's a differance between someone who makes an offhand comment and someone who's been hinting about doing it for weeks or months.