something I've NEVER understood.

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by boostin-gp, Aug 1, 2004.

1. boostin-gp

boostin-gp Guest

Why is it that 75% of car audio enthusiasts rip on people for having descent rear fill?

I swear... any time that I post the stuff that I have on other boards or here, or whatever, people tell me to ditch the rears, there's no point in rears, ect.

Why?

If I listen to ANY system without rear fill at all, it sounds like garbage. :dunno: I'm well aware of the importance of a strong front stage, and I've got that, but why do so many people rip on the rear stage aspect?

2. twistid

twistid Banged By Super Models Moderator

when you are at a concert, do you turn your back to the band the whole show??? where are their speakers placed, compared to where you are usually???

3. BlackHBDX

BlackHBDX The grey fixer

Try this: Take a pair of good pair of floor-standing home theater speakers (not the little cube kind) powered by a good (at least 100w per channel) reciever and set them in your front seats. Play them loud. I highly doubt you will want a second set of speakers in the rear. Car audio is not much different. A good set of component speakers with at least 100w a channel going to them is all you need. There is something wrong with your system if you think you need rear fill.

4. el_gato_negro

el_gato_negro New Member

Everyone has different ideals regarding audio reproduction. Telling them they should prefer it one way over another is as pointless as telling them they should prefer vanilla ice cream over chocolate.

I have rear speakers in my car, but they play just loud enough to bump the total system output. I figure frequency and phase information is pretty well fucked in a car anyway, so I may as well get output in its place. :big grin:

5. rengo

rengo Are you ready to rock, BK broiler!?

If it sounds good to you, rock on. IMO, I'm not going to put more money into my system then I need too (read: rear fill).

6. pharcyde183

pharcyde183 Nissan by nature

It's fine having midbass in the back.... mine are unhooked and i am running front stage only, the system sounds exactly the same and is just missing some good midbass. I'll let you know once i hook them back up