GUN Something Ive always wondered...

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by amac88, Sep 5, 2009.

1. amac88

amac88 New Member

Say you bought a gun from the "black market". If you never did anything illegal with it, only used it for target shooting/plinking, could anyone ever find out it was illegally bought? Seems like itd be a way to get a cheap plinking gun...

2. LancerV

LancerV Something Happened OT Supporter

Anything ever happens where that serial number turns up they would prob just take it. Of course you could be buying form an undercover cop too, not to mention prob not to many black market guns have the serial numbers still on them

3. SoonDubu

SoonDubu The most honest moment in a man's life is the five OT Supporter

i bought a gun when i was in highschool from some chinese gangster for like $150

it was some ruger 380 or something :o

it sat in the garage for a few years that i forgot about it and i think i threw it away in some garbage can after "wiping" it down with windex

so dumb

4. Soybomb

Soybomb New Member

if you'd buy a stolen gun just to have a cheap plinker I'd wish you the largest KB on the planet and for a cop to pull you over and run the serial on the small remaining chunk of the frame when your friends are driving you to the hospital

5. yar1182

yar1182 New Member

If you mean buying a gun from a known criminal with a high probability the gun is stolen or used in a crime your just taking too many chances. Not worth any money savings. Also the gun in question is either really hot thus the good price, or really poor quality or condition hence dangerous. If it is a more desirable gun and reasonably clean then said criminal would charge more than retail or close to retail thus not much savings.

Now if you were to buy a used gun from another law abiding private citizen in a state where person to person transfer is legal, there is no paperwork other the exchange of money.

Before you ask how you tell the difference between the two. Don't be stupid and use your brain. One is done in a shady alley or out of the trunk of a car. Lots of looking over shoulders and usually ends with "You did not get this from me" The other is advertised in some sort of classifieds, you go to the guys house, and ends in a handshake and "enjoy the gun, hope it works out for you"

6. Matt2000ss

Matt2000ss OT Supporter

Is it not easy to put a new serial number on it? Dont alot of car theifs put new VINs on stolen cars and bikes?

7. bader3245

bader3245 New Member

Not, metallurgy is a bitch to erase. A college buddy had his Glock 17 stolen from his apt. It had the SN filed off, used in a murder and after all the court stuff was done he actually got it back