Something is wrong with my shoulder

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by zooski, Apr 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zooski

zooski New Member

since I was young I can remember being able to "dislocate" my shoulders, except it's not really a full dislocation.

Well, now sometimes when I'm lifting it "pops out". Yesterday I was doing db incline press and at extension it gave out almost dropping the dumbbell on me. The same thing's happened before when doing tricep extensions, but it ended up with my arm basically being folded behind my head until I dropped the weight.

I've done some reading and found out it may be due to shoulder subluxation, but that doesn't seem to match my symptoms that well. Anyone ever heard of this before? Any recommendations on exercises to strengthen my presumedly weak rotator cuff?

2. Abomb

Abomb New Member

You should exercise your ability to see a sports medicine doctor

3. zooski

zooski New Member

I'm obviously going to do that as soon as I get the chance. I was just looking for some preliminary info.

4. djfir0

djfir0 ___________ OT Supporter

sounds like an anterior labrum tear.... read up on that and see if it matches your symptoms.

oh and if that is the case... you have 2 options. 1 surgery. 2. don't do shit for like 2 weeks and let it scar up and really workout your shoulder hard to strengthen support muscles.

5. ralyks

ralyks New Member

I had the same thing -- never actually got it diagnosed but doing rear delt exercises helped stabilize it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.