SRS Something is wrong with my nose

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Spiritus, Feb 10, 2005.

1. Spiritus

Spiritus Active Member

This is nothing new. I was born like this.

My nose is slightly big, but just slightly and it fits my face. This isn't the problem. I can barly breath through my left nostril. I believe that is because of a very slightly raised bump on the nose.

Now, I personally think I would look better without the bump. I haven't been called big nose or anything but me and certain family members have noticed.

I am thinking about calling the doctor about it:

it forces me to breathe through my mouth which is bad for my teeth, according to my dental hygentist.

I cannot close my mouth for long periods of time because I will starve for air with only one fully open nostril.

Now if this bump is related to the left nostril's inability to open, could I surgically have the bump shaved off? This operation could help me breathe and make me look better :naughty:

2. RyeBread

RyeBread If you tell the truth you don't have to remember a

you are asking OT for medical advice? see a professional.

you also have other nasal issues if one hole being blocked is enough to cause you to go into oxygen starvation.

3. coma

coma New Member

I had that, it's called a deviated septum. I got it fixed years ago. It's got nothing to do with your "bump." Go to an ear, throat and nose doctor, (whatever they are called); it's a common procedure.

4. Spiritus

Spiritus Active Member

Rye, yes I asked for medical advice. and now i know the name of my problem.

thanks coma

what is the operation like? what kind of painkillers are used?

ill be contacting my doctor pretty soon.

5. RyeBread

RyeBread If you tell the truth you don't have to remember a

:dunno: a bump, as opposed to a bend in the nose are two different things.

6. Spiritus

Spiritus Active Member

no, i figured the bump on my nose could have something to do with my blocked nasal passage.

either way now i know what it is. thanks to everyone who posted

7. coma

coma New Member

I had it done under local, but the dr. said I could go general anesthesia, my choice. I shold have gone general, because his knife slipped (I speculate) and for a second the pain was excruciating. He gave me post-op Tylenol w/codeine, but I choose not to take any. Hospital stay for 1 day, they recommended that I stay longer, but I didn't because of no health ins. Back to work next day (with a swollen nose :hsugh: ) Mind you this was done in '79 so for sure today things are different (better technologies and and methodologies).

8. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

definitly see a docter/surgeon about this , and don't hesitate. My neigbhour had a big swollen lips for years, it was a terrible sight, always frightened to go to the docter but she eventually did. (it appeared to be a minor operation) her lips look beautifull now, and it was done within half an hour. Going from freek to nice chick within that period was well worth it.

9. KatWoman

KatWoman •••••••••••

Yikes! What was wrong with her lips?