something ironic about male jealousy

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by JohnJohnJohnson, Apr 20, 2009.

1. JohnJohnJohnson

JohnJohnJohnson Effetely Sipping My Latte OT Supporter

My friend Josh was interested in this girl I am friends with named Angie.

Angie likes to go out and flirt with people.

Josh gets extremely jealous about this.

Angie likes to wear short skirts and revealing tops; she likes best of all to wear nothing. Or at least - as little clothing as she can wear in public, without getting yelled at by jealous, less attractive girls.

The funny thing is that because Angie likes attention, likes to attract indicators of interest from guys, likes to flirt, likes to get sexual validation, likes to get proof of her social power over men, she is LESS likely to be picked up successfully by a guy than her milder-mannered sisters.

Even though she is meeting more guys and getting more advances, the odds of anything happening are lower for Angie than the odds are for other girls.

Josh sees a girl like Angie and thinks, "Wow, she has to be the 'easiest' girl ever. I'm in.'"

In fact, it's because she is meeting more guys and getting more advances that she becomes, in a sense, immunized. Angie begins to blur all these men together. They become a single, changeless tune, a song of reverence, sung by horny club rats.

Whereas any - ANY - insecure librarian, to pick on a stereotype... any girl, that is, who is uncomfortable so much as letting her hair down in public will fall head over heels for the first guy to persistently attempt vaginal access. "Omgz, attention??" Thinks my librarian stereotype. "This must be love!"

It's peculiar that Josh sees Angie's extraversion as a threat, when in reality it makes her less available sexually to the male population than her attention-avoiding lady friends.

Angie can handle guys. That's what it is all about for her. Josh doesn't get it, but it's not his fault. He is just an idiot.

This message was brought to you by a bemused observer of social dynamics.

2. t-t-t-today

t-t-t-today New Member

yeah your right. Every guy who gets jealous when his girl dresses skanky and flirts with other guys is an idiot....a total fucking idiot. haha you have got to be kidding me.

3. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

If a guy was dating a girl like that when what she did made him so upset...why should he continue dating her?

4. t-t-t-today

t-t-t-today New Member

He shouldn't keep dating her. I'm picturing the scenario as if they have been dating and THEN she started dressing skanky. But yeah if it's right from the start then only an idiot would date her thinking that she will put clothes on after they establish a relationship.

5. iwishyouwerebeer

Yeah, he's not dating her, or at least JJJ just says he likes her and they aren't even together. So basically he likes a girl but hates one of her most obvious personality traits she exhibits.

My guess? He's only listening to his penis-he thinks she's hot but then he can't even deal with how she is. For that reason he is ignorant to date her and more ignorant to even get jealous.

6. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

JJJ,

Interesting observation.

Let me think about this some more and I will comment.

7. JohnJohnJohnson

The female I know who likes attention from men the most has also been with the second-fewest partners; but she has had the most success in her relationships.

Everyone has different experiences, of course. There are exceptions to everything.

But in her case, a very, very large dating net was cast by her attention-seeking ways. That, plus an extremely powerful filtration system (developed along the way) = win.

Josh doesn't get it though. And he never will. He thinks a "conservative" girl (read: introvert) is his best bet. :wtc: He will of course capture the introverted girl's interest if he pursues her, and she will suffer from all sorts of LSE issues. And be completely vulnerable to the next (persistent) charmer to come along.

Some guys are just so trapped by their insecurities, it's really sad.

8. Diesel66

Diesel66 My standards for women is like rent-a-centers stan OT Supporter

just because the librarian's number might be sleeping with 1 out of 3 guys who talk to her and the active/slutty looking one is 1 out of 1000 doesn't change the fact that the 2nd girl might be going home with a different guy every night.

9. scent of a wookie

scent of a wookie OT Supporter

yeah, relationships with the club skanks are always the best

10. ballerman230

ballerman230 just a pale blue dot

This is an interesting way to look at it but I think it we need to give more attention to the correlation between a girl's tendency to crave sexual attention like Angie and a girl's tendency to actually cheat. I'm not saying you're wrong or that Josh is wrong, but I'm inclined against treating these two variables as factors independent of a girl's ethical structures.
    In addition to what Diesel said, the proportion of guys a girl will sleep around with might not be relevant if the librarian is approached less frequently.

11. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

Oh noes, my gf is quite introverted :noes:

Fortunately, she doesn't really like attention from other people. Like people will try to talk to her on the train (while she's wearing her iphone headphones, no less) and she's like "wtf r u talking to me for?"

My gf is super cynical, possibly even more so than I am, and so it would take someone at least as awesome as me to catch her attention, and statistically speaking that's probably not going to happen as I've only met 3 or 4 people who are that awesome in my entire life (two of whom were girls, so they're no threat when it comes to stealing my gf anyway :rofl: ).

In all seriousness, tho, my gf is fairly insecure (like all hot chicks). I do worry sometimes that she'll one day realize exactly how hot she is and how she could pretty much have her pick of men and then find someone who's cooler/hotter than me. I've seen that happen to a few gorgeous but LSE chicks before. The transformation takes about a week, and then another month before they start to become comfortable with and accept their newly-found "power." And from that point forward they are either complete attention whores or complete regular whores.

I've even see it happen to a high self esteem chick before.

It does kind of worry me, tho. My gf has told me a few times before that she thinks I'm completely out of her league and sometimes she gets insecure about that. So then the natural conclusion I draw from that is "alright, well then what happens when someone of higher social status/hotter than me shows interest in you? Will you turn him down because you think he's even more out of your league and therefore it couldn't possibly work?" That's a shitty reason for my gf to stay with me; because she thinks she couldn't sustain a relationship with someone of higher status, so therefore she's "settling" for me :ugh:

But worrying about that shit is needy and low value, so I try to not let it bother me, and I just go back to remembering how awesome I am.

12. Ideotique

Ideotique Drinking on monday nights does not make me an alco

JJJ

Interesting observation. One I'm not sure I agree with, but one I'm not sure I disagree with either.

13. JohnJohnJohnson

skanks

14. JohnJohnJohnson

This is just from my own personal experience. I am sure it is different for each of us.

Personally, I wouldn't want my girlfriend to be with me because she doesn't realize what she's got. I would want her to feel extremely good about herself and STILL be with me... cuz then, yeah, I really am awesome :)

A guy who was into Emily once told me, "Wow, you must keep her really insecure to keep her around."

Ha. Blew my mind with that comment.

15. JohnJohnJohnson

"Might" is a vague word. I find it hard to know exactly what you are proposing, but I agree with you that, literally speaking, she Might be going home with a guy every different night.

That doesn't change the fact that she's less likely to sleep with a guy in two years than the librarian is likely to fuck whoever takes the time out of his month to pursue her, which may happen two months in a row or once every eight. At the very least the librarian will do what it takes to keep that guy around because she's so low on orbiters. (For that matter, when the extravert does sleep with a guy, she's much more likely to get something meaningful out of it because of the broad net she's cast. Props.)

"Might." You Might be a sociopath, but that doesn't change the fact that, well, frankly, you aren't a sociopath.

It's not about "ethics." Logical analysis is not how women choose their sexual partners. At the end of the day, people will do what they most deeply want to do, and that depends on their psychological wiring.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2009
  16. ACLdestroyer

ACLdestroyer OT Supporter

Original post is the biggest pile of horseshit Ive ever read on OT.

Yes, everybody knows that girls who dress slutty never seek validation through random sex with multiple men. :rolleyes:

17. Abomb

Abomb New Member

:bowrofl:

:bigthumb:

18. ForgottenSpiral

ForgottenSpiral Hope and Irony OT Supporter

Cliffs: Don't waste your time on a cock tease.

19. just_another_on

just_another_on New Member

This.

20. Ricer

Ricer OT Supporter

seriously dude are you high

21. formul8

formul8 New Member

There is a lot of truth in the original post.

The more times a woman is hit on, the more jaded they become as their pool of choices gets larger.

Then, it becomes like a buffet for them because there is so much for the taking, they are able to sample everything with out guilt instead of ordering and committing to one dish like at a regular restaurant.

The more men available to her the more picky she can be.

My last GF used to get hit on often. She isn't "hot", but a cute girl with a bubbly personality and a penchant for knowing her power over certain guys. I knew this and when I would see the guys that were hitting on her and she did this with, they were kinda dorky. I did not put up with a lot of her diva-like bullshit, so maybe that is why she stayed with me for 3.5 years. I told her when she pulled that bullshit "if you think you can do better, then what's stopping you?" a few times. She told me a couple times that I was "not a good catch".

Then she finished college and started hanging out with some new girlfriends that gave her a makeover and taking her out to clubs. New situations, larger pool of guys and a constant stream of getting hit on. They buy her drinks, tell her what she wants to hear and she buys into to because she craves validation.

I laugh now because she has become this total club whore and has dated a bunch of guys since, complains they are all liars and always high or something and still single and looking for her Prince charming to worship her.

I'll take a girl who is mature, knows what she wants and doesn't need to flaunt her "prowess" in order to feel confident or hid her insecurities. I'll take average and awesome over hot and troubled.

22. chlywly

chlywly Active Member

LOL :bigthumb:

I must agree on this one, its really a pretty poor generalization.

23. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

"Then why are you dating me, bitch?" *shows her the door*

:werd:

I'll take hot and awesome, but that's rare which is why I haven't dated a large number of women (altho I am quite skilled at being picky and almost all of them turn into LTRs).

But you are reiterating what I always say: attention whores make bad gfs. :werd: :h5:

24. BlazinBlazer Guy

BlazinBlazer Guy Witness to The De-Evolution of Mankind.

Presumably a guy should be able to pick up on that sort of behavior before even dating a girl, thus negating the need to even date her in the first place.

25. iwishyouwerebeer

I agree, so the guy in the story really is just ignorant.