GUN Something I noticed last night...

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Aequitas, Nov 12, 2006.

1. Aequitas

Aequitas If it keeps on raining, levee's going to break.

I was watching Dawn of the Dead and was wondering why they were using the guns that they were. Everyone either had a shotgun or a revolver, with only about one semiauto. It wasn't until they raided the gun store across the street that they had a significant amount of semiautos, and none of them decided to pick up an "evil assault rifle." Even after they had some semi's, they only had 10 round magazines in them.

Think it might be a subtle message, or am I reading too much into the movie?

2. bigman7903

bigman7903 OT Supporter

I know nothing about the movie and little of gun laws, but it may have to do with where it was filmed, and who was directing/promoting the movie

:dunno:

3. T0nyGTSt

T0nyGTSt New Member

hollywoodlc

seriously it's more like just an attempt to build up tension and move the story along

zombies vs. WMD and arfcom doesn't sound like the kind of movie that would be 'green lighted' :rofl:

4. Aequitas

Aequitas If it keeps on raining, levee's going to break.

That's what I was thinking. I was watching it thinking, "You know, if you aren't going to grab the best guns then you deserve to get eaten by a zombie."

5. Soybomb

Soybomb New Member

Not being a connoisseur of zombie movies I can't say that I've seen it but I think I would welcome any movie showing people running out of ammo as a welcome change from the usual hollywood endless magazine.

6. DaJMan

DaJMan When i was young, i dreamed of being a baseball

the running out of ammo and then pulling the trigger 11ty times without even a thought to change the mag, is just as frustrating as the 9 billion round mags... imo

7. Vermincelli

Vermincelli Banned

a few 10/22s and a bunch of .22 bricks from a sporting goods store would have been the ticket. Up on the rooftops and BOOOM HEADSHOT, rinse repeat. a few nights of that and you could have just walked out of the mall and been on your way.

My guess, it was a CA town. So the #1 rule gained from the movie? California people are fucked come zombie invasion. Even our sporting goods stores here in NV are loaded with enough weapons and ammo to hold off a Chinese invasion. :)

8. TwoGuns

TwoGuns Medical Crew

It was filmed in Canada. It's a zombie movie, not a Zombie Preparation Guide.

Weirdos.