GUN Something I have been considering for about 2 years now

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by TwistedMind, Apr 28, 2006.

1. TwistedMind

TwistedMind New Member

Is CCW right for me? I think about it ALOT. I dont know if its right for me. Other than my job where I always have 6-7000 dollars cash unsecured around my person. I cant really think of a reason I would need one. Other than my home, Which gets robbed at least once a fraking year. Long story, all guns/ important stuff is now secured in my gun locker.

So do you think I would have a use for it? The piece of mind would be very nice, and I know everyone hopes they will never have to use their weapon.
    ( well at least those of us who are sane )

Im pretty paranoid, but not unstable. I just dont know how I should go about makeing a decision, ive procrastinated for 2 years now and was hopeing some of yall could shed a bit of light on this for me.

What made you decide to go for it. What in your opinion are the pros and cons of CCW?

2. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Well first of all in NY you have to get a permit to own a handgun, But I went with CCW over target/premise permit because I was working for my uncle collecting money from his clients who usually always paid in cash, wasn't uncommon for me to have $50-75k with me, which was able to help me justify having CCW to my nazi county/state.

3. Dsking85

Dsking85 New Member

no reason not to get one. nobody says you have to carry a gun all the time.

4. Soybomb

Soybomb New Member

Well its partially a numbers thing. People get mugged and kill every day, some whack job looses it and shoots up his office or a restaurant now and then. Bad things like that happen to good people. Not alot, but sometimes. I keep a fire extinguisher in my car not because I'm at a high risk for it, but if I have a car fire, I'd rather have it. Same for a gun, I'll probably never need it, but I'm comforted by having an extra option. Except of course that my life is far more precious than my car.

Its really not a big deal, why not go on and get the license and carry if you feel like it? Its not like you're required to carry after getting one. Personally if I didn't have to leave my home state to be "given the right" to defend myself I would have a keltec p3at in my pocket everyday. Its far too small to bother me and its nice to have options if you need them.

5. krott5333

krott5333 Guest

i carry because I want to be in control of my life when someone else thinks they are

6. Artyboy

Artyboy Necessity is the excuse for every infringement of

It's better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it. The gun won't be hurting anyone while you have it on you unless you want it to. It's not going to jump out of your holster and shoot someone by itself.

7. 2L Bunny

2L Bunny "It's only a Rabbit"

It's a big personal decision. As mentioned, since you live in a Shall Issue state why not just get it. Once you have the option to carry a gun daily, you'll see if you really are ready and willing. And if you aren't ready to carry everyday, then at least you have the option on those days you mention you'd like to carry.

8. TwistedMind

TwistedMind New Member

omg I started the application a minute ago everything was going fine and then they wanted all my jobs for the last 5 years.

Guess im not getting a license. I couldnt name all the jobs ive had in the last 5 years if my life depended on it let alone try and remember dates. Im a part time worker LMAO. Guess that decides that.

9. Dsking85

Dsking85 New Member

just put what you remember.

10. TwistedMind

TwistedMind New Member

I may call them and explain the situation and see what they say. If I really had to I could maybe dig up my taxes for the last 5 years but its something i really dont want to do. plus im sure my accountant would hate me if I asked him to do that.

11. Soybomb

Soybomb New Member

Or you could take the advice of the people here and just approximate and put down what you remember. Are you OCD?

12. Artyboy

Artyboy Necessity is the excuse for every infringement of

If it's that much of a pain to get a Texas license then just get a Florida one. Call this phone number (850) 488-5381 and ask them to send you an application. They'll send you like 5 packets just in case you screw up. You just fill out the application (short and painless), get a passport photo, get prints done at your local police station and send it back with a money order. They'll send you your license. Texas has full reciprocity with Florida and you don't have to be a Florida resident to get a Florida CCL.