Someone talk me into the S256 turbo

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by RyeLou, Apr 3, 2007.

1. RyeLou

RyeLou OT Supporter

I have a 50 trim right now on my SRT. The guy who built it called me and offered me a good deal on the Schnitzer/Borg Warner S256. I'd love to do it but don't really feel like spending the money on it right now. Opinions?

Info for those that don't know: (pic. is huge so I linked it...56k make a sandwich)

http://img134.imageshack.us/img134/1253/borgwarnerett50trims256ny2.jpg

This is the S256 compared mostly to the turbo I've got, the standard Garrett 50 trim.

2. Advan

Advan New Member

seems alittle bit excessive for an srt, I mean a .50 trim has to be enough of a wheel hop, wheel spin, understeer slut as it is why bring out those characteristics even more?

3. RyeLou

RyeLou OT Supporter

I don't get any wheel hop hardly with solid motor mounts. With street tires wheel spin is an issue but with drag radials I can still cut a 1.8 60' at the track so it moves out well enough. Not sure where you're going with the understeer....but..?

My only thing is the power increase doesn't seem like enough for the price I'd pay. It's a new turbo but not that different. Plus, if I just change my injectors now I could easily make another 20 - 30 HP at the wheels with more boost. I chose the smaller ones I have as a limiting factor as to how much boost I can run so I didn't go over board and blow up my DD. I've been reconsidering lately though.