Someone plz help me

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Rus1987, Dec 2, 2004.

1. Rus1987

Rus1987 Guest

I have a cd that contains a lot of pictures that are very important but the thing is when ever i put it in my computer its just wont read at all. the back is scratched up but not to the point where i think it would be a problem (i have cds in worst conditions that work perfectly) is there anything i can do to open this cd? if someone can help me then i would really appreciate it. THanks :x:

2. P07r0457

P07r0457 New Member

try a better cd-rom. some are better at tracking than others. But if you can't get one to read it, it may be damaged in just the right spot to make it unreadable... You can scratch it as much as you want where there's no data... but even small scratches can be fatal if in the right areas.

3. Rus1987

Rus1987 Guest

damn :wtc:

4. Goonigoogoo

Goonigoogoo Active Member

Like Jolly said, try it on another CD-ROM and see. If not, burn the CD again to another CD and see if the data shows up, sounds stupid but this has saved my ass twice so far.

5. Zourn

Zourn 16-bit Ninja OT Supporter

try turning your case on its side so that the cd-drive is 90 degress from it's usual sit point, and see if that works. If that doesn't work, also try 45 degrees.