Someone please help me

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by TheGrudge, Jan 25, 2005.

1. TheGrudge

TheGrudge Guest

I have 3 aol screen names. I have all 3 of them on each screen name's buddy lists. I do not know why, but I'm glad I do that because today... someone signed onto one of my screen names. I tried talking to them, but they wouldn't respond... so I tried signing on that name and it said my password was wrong. Then I suddenly got signed off and it said that someone has signed on with my screen name. I tried singing back on and it said my password was wrong.

Someone is accessing my screen names, they know my password, and they are changing it. I use the same password for everything.

Someone please help me. I'm really freaking out here and my anxiety disorder isn't helping. Seriously help. I don't know what to do. I can't find contact info on AIM.com.

2. PoultryMagic

PoultryMagic If I can't be my own...I'd feel better dead.

3. PoultryMagic

PoultryMagic If I can't be my own...I'd feel better dead.

oh also, if you use the AOL software, they say you can reset the password from keyword: AIM Password within AOL.

4. bottomline

bottomline Guest

:hsugh:

Are you sure you're posting this in the right forum?

5. TheGrudge

TheGrudge Guest

I know this doesn't exactly belong here, but I'm freaking out partly due to my anxiety disorder and I know there are those here that will help because they care. I post here a bunch too.

They have changed the email addresses btw, I tried that and no.. I'm not using aol. I tried the report to aim thing, but it's only to report bugs... not problems like this. It says specificly at the bottom "you will not get a reply to this message, this is for bug reports only". The AIM webpage is absolutely un-helpfull. No phone numbers or live chat or ANYTHING.

6. TheGrudge

TheGrudge Guest

I was able to get onto the 2nd AIM sn that this person took. How? I was thinking about what email address I might have had connected with it, and I remembered. A hotmail email address that was cancled due to innactivity. So I re-registered, did the send password thing, and it worked... I got the password that the person changed it to. I got onto the screen name, and changed the password. Hoping that the person used the same password for both SN's, I tried it with the first one he took... but no, he made different passwords for each.

Well, today the person signed back on and I IM'd them. This was our conversation. MyopicMagician is me. That's the 2nd SN he took from me. RevolvingSheep is the first one he took, that he is talking with currently.

MyopicMagician (2:53:14 PM): Hello there :)
    Revolving Sheep (2:53:47 PM): Hi lover.
    MyopicMagician (2:53:57 PM): looks like I have a stalker
    Revolving Sheep (2:54:19 PM): You signed on right after me
    Revolving Sheep (2:54:24 PM): that's stalkerish
    MyopicMagician (2:54:39 PM): you're the one who got on my screen names and changed the passwords
    Revolving Sheep (2:54:50 PM): How'd it go with AOL? Ignored ya?
    MyopicMagician (2:55:38 PM): I called them but they gave me the wrong number for the security dept of AIM.
    MyopicMagician (2:55:57 PM): You know I'm going to figure out who you are right?
    Revolving Sheep (2:56:00 PM): They don't care about non paying customers of AIM
    Revolving Sheep (2:56:08 PM): Only AOL members, sucks huh
    MyopicMagician (2:56:40 PM): AOL only cares about AOL customers. AIM is different.
    Revolving Sheep (2:56:58 PM): Yeah. Since this is an AIM name waah waaah
    MyopicMagician (2:57:15 PM): There is something that I do not understand, so bare with me here.
    Revolving Sheep (2:57:41 PM): Oh I don't know you
    Revolving Sheep (2:57:46 PM): Would you like your name back?
    MyopicMagician (2:57:58 PM): I understand hacking someone's email account to send mass mail. I understand hacking passwords for banking and such. But getting onto someone's SN and changing the password doesn't make sence to me.
    MyopicMagician (2:58:14 PM): I don't see a point in it.
    Revolving Sheep (2:58:24 PM): I never hacked anything
    Revolving Sheep (2:58:38 PM): AOL has a major fault
    MyopicMagician (2:58:38 PM): I was just using that as an example.
    MyopicMagician (2:59:47 PM): I just want to know what the point is in taking someone's screen name.
    Revolving Sheep (3:00:52 PM): OMG I need a point?
    MyopicMagician (3:01:43 PM): Ok then, lets say you don't have a motive and you did it just to do it... just to **** with someone for the hell of it. Even if that's your reason... it seems rather pointless. Ya know... get someone's email address, or something... but an AIM name?
    Revolving Sheep (3:02:01 PM): I did get your email address too
    MyopicMagician (3:02:14 PM): [email protected]? I don't use that anymore.
    Revolving Sheep (3:02:27 PM): I know
    MyopicMagician (3:02:36 PM): Is there something about me that you don't like? Is that why you are doing this?
    Revolving Sheep (3:02:55 PM): I asked if you wanted the name back, you didn't answer so I assume not
    Revolving Sheep (3:03:03 PM): I'm signing off now. Won't be using this name again
    MyopicMagician (3:03:09 PM): I do, but what's wrong with explaining something to me?
    MyopicMagician (3:03:20 PM): It wont hurt anything to tell me why you did it.
    Revolving Sheep (3:03:56 PM): It'll be purehatred again in a few moments. tata
    Revolving Sheep signed off at 3:04:37 PM.

This person still hasn't changed my password back yet.

What does anyone think about this situation?

7. Peyomp

Peyomp New Member

I... think its hilarious? :big grin:

8. Throwdown

Throwdown whore destroyer

1. Peyomp! you got an AV! It's about time...
    2. this is Definatley the wrong forum for this thread
    3. apparently someone is just having fun. make a new screen name? :dunno: