GUN Someone in Tx got some new toys

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by TL1000RSquid, Oct 11, 2006.

1. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

http://cbs11tv.com/local/local_story_283234053.html

Authorities Search For Stolen High-Powered Weapons

Joel Thomas
    Reporting

(CBS 11 News) PARKER COUNTY Parker County deputies are searching for the thieves who stole high-powered weapons from a Fort Worth police officers car.

The break-in happened in a rural area, near Aledo. Investigators say the guns were taken from an unmarked police vehicle that was parked in front of the officers' home.

Four guns were stolen - a fully-automatic assault rifle, a second rifle, and two semi-automatic pistols.

“That’s always a concern, anytime you get a fully-automatic weapon out in the hands of some thieves. No telling where it’s gonna wind up or what it’s gonna be used for,” said Larry Fowler, Parker County Sheriff.

All of the guns are clearly marked as 'Fort Worth Police Department Weapons'.

Parker County sent out a warning to all Texas law enforcement to be on the lookout for the guns. Police say they’ve had several similar car break-ins in the area, but don’t believe the thief knew he was stealing from a police officer.

“This looks like its random, and I feel pretty sure that uh, when it came the light of day and they say what they had they’re probably a little upset about now,” Fowler said.

Fort Worth police say there are safety precautions in place that officers must follow when leaving their firearms in their car. Officials are investigating whether those safety precautions were adhered to.

(CBS 11 News)

2. 01_Cruiser

01_Cruiser An American Classic OT Supporter

Why the fuck do departments allow officers to keep fully automatic weapons IN THEIR FUCKING VEHICLES 24/7?!?!?! I can see keeping it with them while they are on duty, but when they are done with their patrol, the gun should be locked up at the dept armory, or it should be inside the officers residence.

3. Y2kAccord

Y2kAccord Everything happens for reasons I just dont know

4. Immortal1

Immortal1 New Member

dot. seems like this happens every 2 weeks.

5. Anders 7

Anders 7 I aim to misbehave OT Supporter

I work for a small town pd. I have rem shotgun 870 Police Mag in my patrol car. Nothing fancy. Dept is too cheap to buy a lock rack for it so its just laying in plain view on cheap ass farmers gun rack behind my seat. Stays in there 24/7.

6. Y2kAccord

It was a SWAT Officer that it was stolen from.. probably explains why the increased firepower

7. Y2kAccord

Just say on the news, it was they guys personal truck parked in front of his house.
    They Sherrif on the news says "All the guns say for law enforcement use only so it will be hard to get rid of them" :ugh:

8. BigBadJohn

BigBadJohn Pay-back time OT Supporter

Sounds like cops are the ones that cant be trusted to own a FA

9. CowlSS

CowlSS Official Thong Inspector OT Supporter

These people are tards.

I want another LEO marked Bushy lower. :wiggle: