someone help me setup my mail servers

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Orkin Yards, Jun 6, 2005.

1. Orkin Yards

Orkin Yards 5.9 Limited, have you driven one lately?

I'm on a friends network for the summer which is through verizon - I put the outgoing smtp as outgoing.verizon.net and my incoming i'm using is mail.bellsouth.net becuase that's who my email is through....i recieve mail just fine and it let me send ONE email just fine and now it isn't working (the sending email) any ideas?

2. P07r0457

P07r0457 New Member

use your ISPs incomming mail server... If verizon has their server setup, it's blocking any attempt you have at sending mail, thinking it's spam.

3. Orkin Yards

Orkin Yards 5.9 Limited, have you driven one lately?

i am using my incoming server....so basically you are saying i won't be able to send email on this server - i guess it was just a fluke that one of them went through?

4. mdaniel

mdaniel S is for Shiksa

Get your friend to create an @verizon.net address for you. In Outlook Express, use the @verizon.net address as your email address and your real address as the reply address. Then enable SMTP authentication and use the @verizon.net address and password for authentication. Is the same shit Verizon puts people who dare to run a business with their own domain name through.