some Zaino pics for your optical pleasure

Discussion in 'That'll Buff Right Out' started by Boudreaux, Jan 2, 2003.

1. Boudreaux

Boudreaux Active Member

2. Boudreaux

Boudreaux Active Member

one more......

[​IMG]

3. Jackhole

Jackhole New Member

I only looked at a few of the pics, but it looks pretty good. Just curious - why would you spend 2 days using the Zaino, when you could have gotten almost or just as good of a shine from #7 and some S100?

4. Boudreaux

Boudreaux Active Member

looking good is only half the equation, zaino offers the best protection regarding thigns that harm your paint ,also...Yes P21S had the best Initial shine, an "A" which after 8 weeks was a C+, Zaino started with a B+ and after 8 weeks it was still a B+ . P21S has a lot of oils and it really shines well (I would be using it if not for Zaino) Zaino was the overall winner by a large margin and P21S was second.

EDIT: also, with the new product ZFX, you can apply a coat as fast as you can put it on and wipe it off, no waiting.....

5. mc technik

mc technik your purrty...

good fuckin god, thats the shinest and most relective shit i have ever seen!! shit!

6. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

This is S100:

[​IMG]

Zainos is very reflective, but I am not real fond of the 'plasticky' look it can have, especially on dark colors.

If you hate to wax though, Zainos is pretty durable once you get past the initial application. Looks great on light colors.

Anyway, you can always top Zainos with S100/P21S for the best of both worlds.

7. Boudreaux

Boudreaux Active Member

never in my life have i heard someone say that it can have a "plasticy" look on dark colors, humm.....but yes, zaino and S100 have a closer shine then most would like to admit, and after umpteen years, a zainoed car will look better then an S100'ed car....

(not trying to flame or anything, just experience, S100 is a very good product)

8. Scottwax

Ever been to www.autopia.org ? It is a dedicated detailing site and the 'artifical shine' that many have described as being plasticky-sort of like real shiny Saran Wrap is the main complaint of some who use Zainos, which is why many of the top Zainos with S100/P21S or Pinnacle Souveran. That way they get the durability of Zainos and the wetter look of a carnuba.

This is my Accord and the paint was 12 years and 10 months old when the picture was taken. Never had anything but good carnuba waxes-like Meguiars #26, Pinnacle Souveran or S100. Sure I have to wax more often, but S100 literally wipes on and off, honest to God it is nearly as easy as using a quick detailer product.

[​IMG]

Most people would rather not go through the hassle of the initial Zainos application like having to make sure all swirls are completely gone since Zainos is so optically good that any imperfections seem to be magnified, then having to Dawn wash the car to make sure no oils from the swirl removers are left behind, the longer drying times if you do not use ZFX, etc. In addition, to get the best shine, you have to layer Zainos, so it is pretty much like you are waxing again, so the durability issue becomes mute, since people who prefer carnubas have to wax more often to get the same protection, but people who use Zainos like to layer it like crazy. In either scenario, you are still 'waxing' a lot.

To be sure, one single application of Zainos will outlast any conventional wax and that is why many people use it. They are willing to spend a half to a full day for the initial application so they only have to wax once every 6 to 9 months. Zainos also looks great on pearls and silvers because it is so reflection.

For others, waxing every couple of months (or even more often) is fun for them. Waxes like S100 can be applied to a panel and wiped off immediately, so you only go around the car once. You don't have to wait for it to dry or haze. In addition, you can purchase S100 paste wax and S100 Shine Enhancing Paint Cleanser (a terrific light polish, even Zaino guys are using it now prior to the final Dawn wash) at any Harley Davidson dealer for around $25 and one jar of wax should be enough to wax your vehicle 30-45 times, depending on size.

On the other hand, Zainos is more expensive initially and available only on line or through Zaino distributers. I don't know of any retail outlet that stocks Zainos. Why Sal doesn't pursue that option is beyond me, he certainly has loyal followers.

In the end, what you are looking for in wax or polish can be a highly individual choice, dependent on your available time, ease of use concerns, preferrence for a highly reflective look or a deep wet shine. Synthetics tend to have a higher shine and mirror like look, while carnubas have a deeper, wetter glow.

What you may want to consider is using S100 as a topper to Zainos and see how you like it. A jar is only $15 and well worth it. Since Zainos beads for a minumum of six months, you can layer on S100 once a month, the Dawn wash once every 6 months, then apply Zainos and start the process all over again. Just a thought.... :wiggle:

Poke around in the gallery at www.autopia.org and you will find several cars using Zainos and S100/P21S or Pinnacle Souveran as a topper.

Just thought I would leave you with one more S100-ed car:

[​IMG]

BTW, your pics look great, but could you compress them a bit? I still have dial up. ;)

9. mc technik

mc technik your purrty...

damn that acura tl is probally the shinnest car i have ever seen. the zainos really impressed me cause when he took that picture it looked like a damn mirror.

10. Boudreaux

Boudreaux Active Member

i do not recoomend topping my Zaino (not zainos :big grin: )with a carnuba wax. I would not top Z-2 or Z-5 with an carnauba/oil product, that defeats why you would use Zaino in the first place, you would be covering up Zaino with an oily coating that isw not as clear, and also attracting more dust and dirt to your cars surface.

Non the less, Zaino won the guru reports by a large margin, with P21S comign in second.

11. Scottwax

Like I said, you may want to poke around in the gallery at www.autopia.org . Lot's of Zainos and Klasse users are using toppers. Some aren't though. If you do a forum search, you can see the pros and cons from people actually doing it.

It was not a large margin-most of the point differential was due to the durabilty of Zainos. I have the Guru Reports test also-in fact, 7 of the cars on the rear cover are my customer's cars.

In addition, Steve, the guy who did the testing uses Zainos on his personal car, topped with P21S. His username on autopia in geekysteve, btw. Feel free to PM him if you have any questions.