A&P some vw pics (artsy)

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by peoplescar, May 11, 2006.

1. peoplescar

peoplescar Guest

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

from last year
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

and my AV.
    [​IMG]

2. joy division

joy division New Member

THe grey car looks good. :dunno: about the pictures.

3. Derrict

Derrict No, I am not Amish OT Supporter

It's hard to get good shots from car shows, due to reflections of other cars and spectators, along with the parking lines. Grass + cars don't go well together when it comes to photography. Wheel macro shots aren't bad but they could use some post processing since they look underexposed. The other shots don't do a thing for me since they don't catch my eye.

I took this shot over the weekend. It's only a Civic Si but I'm not sure why but it catches my eye whereas the other pics I took are just normal shots. I guess it's the angle or the framing. /shrug

[​IMG]

4. joy division

joy division New Member

I think the real problem for me is that there are only so many ways you can shoot a car..and people rarely stray from what they see in magazines etc.

5. oliver

oliver New Member

ok well i wish there was ONE pic where i could see the car from an angle that isnt on the floor.

:hsugh:

or the WHOLE car for that matter.

6. Devoidarex

Devoidarex Rexversusu v.2.0

A car can be placed in any number of interesting settings to compliment the car, or just to make an interesting photo.

Magazines like R&T and Automobile clearly spend some time composing shots that take the environment/setting into account - at least in some of their spreads.

These photos were obviously taken wherever in the lot the owner happened to park the car, and the options were obviously limited.

I do like this photo, because the color of the grass, car and sky all seem to work well together, but the electrical lines and buildings in the background detract from it.

[​IMG]

7. peoplescar

peoplescar Guest

it is hard to capture all the nice aspects of a car in one picture. If i did a set of like 5 pics of one car, you would get a better idea of that car, this was just about the composition of the pictures, not necessarilly what the picture is of, more the composition. I could show you tons of 3/4 angle shot of cars, but i'm not covering a car show. I've never taken a photography class, but i might be this fall at school. thanks for the compliments and opinions, they are all welcome.:wiggle:

8. mobbarley

mobbarley Active Member

came in looking for artsy, only found ricey.

9. This is the only good one IMO

but only if you photoshop the person standing in the background and photoshop the roof or whatever seems to be sticking up from behind the hood. the triangle shit, get that thing outta there!

[​IMG]