GUN some vids from today's local match

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by spankaveli, Sep 21, 2009.

1. spankaveli

spankaveli OT Supporter

stages 1 - 4 and string 1 of the classifier (4 bill drill) not sure why he didnt' get the second string but oh well.

came out 1st C and 3rd Production out of 15 shooters. :cool:

Of course, I could rattle all day long about fuck ups. I got a reshoot on stage 2 bc the score keeper didn't write down the time and I ended up 5 seconds faster the second run. On stage 4 on the last array there's a pause because my brain took a shit and I forgot which papers to shoot next even though i went from left to right. :hsugh:.

[y]QK8tJDdOxMU[/y]

[y]r_WH1fR7ijs[/y]

[y]f1UGnGBcQuQ[/y]

[y]V5_2lnbrl_U[/y]

[y]cUhxQM4GGZ4[/y]

2. spankaveli

spankaveli OT Supporter

3. sprite

sprite Active Member

Looks like a fun match. How many stages do they usually run... 4 + Classifier? Seems like that is what most locals run. We usually run 6 + classifier but 4 of our bays are pretty small so we feel somewhat obligated to run a few extra.

4. spankaveli

spankaveli OT Supporter

Yes, all the local matches I go to are 4+1 format.

5. AB13

AB13 New Member

Nice shooting!

At my club, I usually design 7+1 but I've done 8+1 w/ chrono a couple of months ago.

I wouldn't have been too happy with the RO yelling "muzzle" at me and would have took the opportunity to "educate" the RO afterwards. Because it's either I broke the 180 or I didn't, shut the fuck up unless you want to issue the "stop". Maybe it's the RO or MD in me, but I hate it when supposable "RO's" don't stick to the official range commands. At my last level 2 match, I had a CRO actually tell me at the LAMR command to "stoke em up cowboy..." I turned around and shook my head and told him to give me the proper command.

6. sprite

sprite Active Member

I'll issue "finger" or "muzzle" at locals especially for new shooters. Level II & up it is by the book. At A5 this year an RMI(!) gave me both "shooter ready?" and "slide foward". I was like roflwtf but figured that if the staff meeting we had with the RM 30 minutes earlier didn't sink it that it wouldn't do me much good to say anything.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2009
  7. AB13

AB13 New Member

Oh, I agree, with "newer" shooters. But with someone more experienced, I don't want to hear anything but "stop" or ULSC. Anything else during the COF will fuck me up.

8. spankaveli

spankaveli OT Supporter

I had a long discUssion with the RO that was running the timer. He is a friend of mine and just got his cro card and is VERY by the book. . He is not the ro that kept giving me the muzzle warning. He saw me pause and knew it affected me. He asked my preference within earshot of the other RO and I told him the only thing I want to hear is start and end commands or stop. He agreed and said the only command he would give or want to be given is "stop." I know where my muzzle is and I know where it was. Even based on where they told me it was I was easily within 10 degrees of the 180. The muzzle was higher than I will typically have it in a reload but the fault line put you pretty close to the walls.

Whatever, it's a local match so it's not a big deal. The only thing that really bugged me about it was that I've shot several times with the RO that gave me the warning and he knows I'm not terribly new when it comes to gunhandling.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2009
  9. spankaveli

spankaveli OT Supporter

What are the official commands?

I almost got dq'd once but the ro stopped me. Since then I will ask if they told me to make ready if it's not distinct.

Ps, Ari, my friend running the timer on that "muzzle" stage will be ROing stage 2 at A4 (Low Ports For Whiners). :cool:

I also owe him lunch since he's the one that forgot to write my time on stage two that I had to reshoot. He was overly apologetic but I was fine with it since I knew he really felt bad about it. Plus I shaved 5 or 6 seconds on the reshoot :rofl:

10. sprite

sprite Active Member

Section 8.3 "Range Communication"
    http://www.uspsa.org/rules/2008HandgunRulesindexed.pdf

Make Ready
    Are You Ready?
    Stand By
    "Start Signal"
    Stop (if necessary)
    If you are finished, unload and show clear
    If clear, hammer down, holster
    Range is clear

There are a few other instances of "suggested" commands for things like multi-string stages but those are the "official" commands.

11. Paul Revere

Paul Revere OT Supporter

sounds standard to me, maybe replace "stop" with "cease fire" :dunno:

12. spankaveli

spankaveli OT Supporter

Stop is correct and the only command I'd like to hear other than the start and stop commands, personally.

13. spankaveli

spankaveli OT Supporter

8.6.1 would have given me no grounds for bitching, evidently.

14. spankaveli

spankaveli OT Supporter

After watching the video from Stage 2, I have no fracking clue why I reloaded after T8 when T9 was right in my face. :o

15. spankaveli

spankaveli OT Supporter

compilation vid :o

[y]hTcx_CoL99A[/y]