Some suggestions for enclosure types.

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Arc, Jun 15, 2005.

1. Arc

Arc New Member

Some suggestions for enclosure types for 13w7

Ok, my question is what type of enclosure would you recomend for a 13w7?

I've done a couple installs and enclosures and I would like to know if haveing a down-firing mount would be a big change in sound from a back/front firing.

I want to be able to see the magnet structure of the sub, the only problem is my back seats don't fold down.
    I was thinking about doing a plexi mounting baffle but it would have to be around 18" square and an inch thick..so I thought about doing a down-firing enclosure with a plexi wall.

The car is a Toyota Avalon so there is a good amount of space in the trunk.

Suggestions/Ideas?

Last edited: Jun 16, 2005
  2. Arc

Arc New Member

need some advice

3. Ronin

Ronin Guest

my brother had a 10w6v2 in a f150 lariat, downfiring, it was mounted in the middle of the cab pretty much, right behind the console, it seemed to have a different sound to it then something that would would be front firing etc.

and then considewring things such as ported and sealed, you will get better response from sealed because the air inside the enclosure will act like a suspension, and ported is going to be louder im assuming you already know this, but its another decision worth thinking about.

my brother told me his downfiring sub sounded really good but it didnt quite have that same hard hittingness youd get in your chest, i ageed with him, it sounded damn good though.

4. Arc

Arc New Member

thanks..that is what i was thinking as well i met a guy in orlando with a 13w7 downfiring behind his seat in a ranger ext..and it hit hard as hell but no punch...itll probably be ported. but that can change ill probably build a sealed test it then change if not satisfied.