SRS Some SERIOUS talk about my ma and me

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by xMurderBeaverx, Jan 26, 2010.

1. xMurderBeaverx

xMurderBeaverx New Member

So my mom has been paralyzed from the right side down for 30 something years.
    She usually takes her prescribed pain meds daily, but the pain was real bad today. So we are talking about ganja on the way home
    (cuz she found my pipe n shit)
    (even though she knew i smoked the herb daily before today)
    and she told me she was hurting real bad. So she asked me how much it would be for some toke so i said 15 a g. So we smoked and both got high.
    BUT THATS NOT THE POINT
    The point is, is that my mom has been sober from drugs and alcohol for 22 years. She said some AA members smoke weed here and then. So what im wondering is did she just break her sobriety? I know she didn't drink or anything but are you not suppose to be abstinent from everything? Please help me out on this one! Did I just break my moms sobriety?
    BTW: her pain went away after the first hit, it wasn't for the high. Well for me yeah.Her, no.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2010
  2. SolidRanger

SolidRanger New Member

So she's been on pain pills (which are highly addictive) for a long time, and she just smoked marijuana (which is barely addictive at all and isn't for most people) and your worried that she has broken her sobriety?

Shit if you ask me smoking weed instead of taking pain pills is probably closer to sober than she already was.

3. Sooka

Sooka New Member

:werd:

Very, very true. Although she might not abuse her pain killers and take them as prescribed, if she is in that much pain then she is prescribed a lot and is addicted to them. It's very easy to become addicted to pain killers, nearly as easy as heroin if you abuse high doses, and if she has high doses prescribed then she does get high and will withdraw if she doesn't take them for a day. And I'm not spitting drug war propaganda, I've experienced opiate addiction firsthand and many of my friends and a family member have also been through it. It's definately way worse than a lot of drugs including pot. Sorry I'm not trying to offend you but your mom hasn't been sober for as long as she's been on pain pills, but also I think you shouldn't really worry about her smoking pot. Since she's been paralyzed for so long the thing you should worry about most is her happiness, that's what would count most for me if I had a family member who's disabled.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2010
  4. xMurderBeaverx

xMurderBeaverx New Member

Thanks man that helps.
    I think what i am most worried about though is the awkwardness factor, and yeas she does take her pain pills as prescribed.

5. VA197

VA197 New Member

You know what, AA is a great group, but fuck them at this point. Your mother got relief from a natural source and it helped her. It's sure as hell a ;pt better then popping pills that will eventually destroy her kidneys, liver and possible other organs. Let er smoke when she needs it. It has some very good medicinal purposes and if it works for her, I see no problem in her using it. She doesn't need some sanctimonious assholes at AA telling her she is doing anything wrong. Do what's best for her!!!

I'd personally kill for some now, I'm hurting like hell and would love some relief.

6. teo

teo . => ? => !

Your mom should look into medical marijuana. At least then if she got caught possessing it she wouldn't have legal troubles on top of her physical troubles.

7. Daria

Daria New Member

I had a friend who smoked medicinal marijuana for pain and it was pretty much useless for her, so she started buying off a friend and then she was fine.