Some Schroeder Quotes

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by G-n-P, Sep 1, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. G-n-P

G-n-P New Member

these are hard to come by and the longer I train the truer they get...

"To prepare for a training session, get up early enough to allow your core temperature to rise to where it needs to be to allow the body to start functioning normally. As you approach your gym or work out facility, your blood pressure, respiration and heart rate should begin to increase. If these things don’t happen just turn around and go home. You got to be excited about going into the facility. You have to be stimulated in order to create adaptation. The whole idea is to come in to stress your body, to stimulate and adapt it in whatever manner you have chosen. Not in any manner that happens, but in a manner you have chosen."

"The will to prepare for success is more important than the will for success. We base everything on absorbing force and absorbing loads in the right position. Every single athlete has the same philosophy as the base for their program. If an athlete is not able to get in the right position, we have to first train that. If an athlete is not able to hold that position, we have to first train that. There is an entire evaluation that we go through where we monitor how much force can be absorbed. I videotape everything and I calculate the amount of force an athlete can absorb, the position the athlete is in at that point and where the athlete breaks down. Then, I set up the individual program accordingly."

"Don't play sports so early. Be an athlete first. It doesn't matter if you are any good in junior high or high school. With the way scholarships are today and all the Universities, it doesn't matter where you go anymore. You can go NAIA or Division II and the NFL, NBA, MLB, and NHL are all going to find you. Prepare to be an athlete above all and prepare to have a long career. Get everything you can genetically and do not specialize early."

"I support lifting in the sense that you are preparing your body to be athletic. Don't just lift weights to get strong and big. Lift weights to prepare connective tissue and stimulate the nervous system so that the correct hormonal and enzymatic responses happen at the right time. Lift weights with a purpose. Anybody can get strong and big, that’s easy. But, not everybody that lifts weights is good on an athletic field. That’s what you want to do."

"Today, everyone wants to run faster, but nobody is working on relaxing and contracting specific muscles at the same rate at the same time for the same amount of time. They don't work on that. They do running drills. They do jumping drills. They lift weights that are associated with a sprinter and 1 in 1000 people, no matter what they do, are going to come out good. What about the other 999? That is what we work on here."

"I don’t have sport-specific programs. We train for human movement. Anybody can learn a skill. A skill is easy to learn, but what people don’t have is the ability to physiologically do it to the way it is meant to be done. I have two young swimmers and a volleyball player who train right alongside my NFL guys and there are getting as good of improvement in there sport as my NFL guys are getting in their sport. Now are they going to go play NFL football, no, but they are going to have the same physiological capabilities. And that is what we all want."

"Most of the high school and college athletes I get have no clue what position is and they have no clue what their body should be looking like when they are running. They do running drills and they do all the things that Joe Expert sprint coach says, but unless they are physiologically capable of getting in the correct positions, holding those positions, making the right muscles contract at the right time and being capable of relaxing antagonistic muscle groups at the right time, it doesn’t matter how many drills they do, how much weight they lift or how strong they are, none of that matters."

"We don't run for any conditioning. We do no running in our programs. No, running at all. I had one athlete in 11 weeks gain 31 lbs. increasing from 232 lbs. to 263 lbs. and drop his forty-time by (.25) two-and-a-half tenths of a seconds. But, we don't run."

2. gourmizz

gourmizz New Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.