Some Poser pics of my Jimmy...

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by Roshambo, Mar 10, 2004.

1. Roshambo

Roshambo Yes, I'm a Marine. No, I haven't killed anyone.

Finally got around to checking the trucks forum out.. figured I'd post some pics of my full size Jimmy.

INFO -
    1979 GMC Jimmy High Sierra
    Originally Orange/White... now Shamrock Green/White. It looks like forest service green in the pics, but it actually has some metallic in it and is a jade green in the right light.

Rebuilt 350 4 bolt main, 1.94 heads, RV cam, Performer RPM and Edelbrock 600cfm carb. 10.8:1 compression, rated at 300hp/380 ft lbs stock. Planning on either swapping on a Q-Jet or biting the bullet and going with a Speed Denisty TPI setup. Rebuilt TH350 with B&M stage II shift kit, 2200 stall.

12 bolt 3.73 Posi in back, dying locker 10 bolt 3.73 in front, NP203 with Warn part-time kit.

15x10 Chrome 5 stars, 33x12.50 mud terrain (rip offs)... 4" lift, Rancho RS5000's all around.

Planning on long tube headers, dual exhaust all stainless 3" with H-pipe and 50 series flowmaster dumping out before the rear tires. And a AK-57 shackle flip kit to get mo' flex. :naughty:

Oh yeah... Pics.

During

[​IMG]

After

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Then, I decided the next day it was time to wash it off, so..

Poser Pics.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

So there ya go.. any other K5/Jimmy people here? :big grin:

-Joe

2. Moloko

Moloko New Member

Hell yeah. My dad has a 78 Jimmy with a 350, 4spd, and 67,000 miles. Your truck is awsome. It was probably the same color as my dads truck is, his is that rusty/bronze/orange color with white sides and roof.

3. JW2

JW2 New Member

Nice

4. KeeperOfAcheron

KeeperOfAcheron I dub thee Sir Phobos, Knight of Mars, beater of a

Nice Jimmy!

5. =X0l25157=

=X0l25157= Guest

damn nice truck man

6. Roshambo

Yeah, that's what color this was originally.. like a red that wants to be Orange. ;)

I have a SM465 that has just been rebuilt with a new hayes clutch and some other goodies, just need to get the pedal assembly and other assorted things and I could swap out the TH350... probably end up being alot more fun in mud and on the beach.

I think I am going to take advantage of the nice weather today and go wax it.. that way the mud comes off easier. :x:

Thanks for the compliments guys!

-Joe

7. Whalephat

Whalephat Conservative Bastard

Nice rig! Here's my current project...

[​IMG]

It's an 1985 K5 that I inherited from my grandfather. I have a new 350 crate motor that I was getting ready to drop into it, but right now I am sort of torn between either pushing ahead with the restoration or selling the K5 and buying a Z71 pickup.

I could really use an open-bed truck, but the K5 has serious sentimental value to me.

8. Roshambo

Dude.. keep the K5! You'd be amazed at what you can haul with these things... plus.. when it's a nice day out, pull the top off and go cruising.

You don't see very many clean K5s or Jimmys running around anymore.. and yours looks nice.

-Joe

9. threecar

threecar Guest

nice trucks, guys.

best utility vehicle ever.

10. threecar

threecar Guest

11. Roshambo

Registered there since May hardly post but I've been lurking for a looooong time. That place helped seal the deal on me buying the truck. :bigthumb:

12. Juice

Juice New Member

nice truck man, i've got an 82 K5 Blazer

6.5L Diesel, 3.5" lift, 33's AT's... umm, cut fenders, no doors (at this time, cuz its to damn hot) top is off, some body damage due to boulders jumping in front of me ;)

heres a link to my site.. check it out http://www.cardomain.com/id/offroadk5

-Juice

13. CraneTruk

CraneTruk Guest

Watch out on the long tubes. My buddies 84 K5 ate one of his headers when he was flexed going through a ditch. Put a nice dint in one. Super nice Jimmy though.

K5s are great trucks.

[​IMG]