A&P Some pictures I took in Scotland this summer

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by wakeboarder071, Sep 25, 2007.

1. wakeboarder071

wakeboarder071 I'm classy

I'm still learning to shoot my xti, so any comments/suggestions would be very helpful. Also, these are all untouched, so maybe some ideas I can use in photoshop to liven them up a bit? These were all taken in dumbarton, just outside glasgow

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

That big rock you see by the river is apparently where william wallace was captured by the english.

[​IMG]

2. UnNakedChef

UnNakedChef 2jz Sackrider Holder

I can't see shit captiain. EV UP!

3. IntheWorks

IntheWorks windin film.. takin pics Moderator

the pics of the clouds rolling in are cool, they'd be a ton better if you could see just a little detail in the foreground though, which you should be able to pull out with a little curves, and some dodging, then just mask off the sky so it stays the same... maybe use a gradient mask so you get a smooth transition.

4. wakeboarder071

wakeboarder071 I'm classy

I understand using curves, but how do I use masking?

5. IntheWorks

IntheWorks windin film.. takin pics Moderator

the little square with a circle in it at the bottom of your layers pallet. click on that and it will give you a layer mask. then, make sure you click inside the box that pulls up beside your layer so your editing the mask, and not the image, then select a brush, move your foreground color to black, then "paint" out what you don't want your edit layer to change.

I posted a screen shot of a layers pallet in this thread http://forums.offtopic.com/showthread.php?t=3434345 it might make more sense with a visual.