A&P Some pics with friends v.istillsuck

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by KenIIDX, Mar 24, 2005.

1. KenIIDX

KenIIDX New Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Camera: Canon DIGITAL IXUS 400

The only thing I did was crop in photoshop, add the border, and also do a little work and try to brighten up the pictures because it was cloudy.

I'm still new at taking pictures and this is just some of my work while my friends and I were playing basketball. Any input would be of help. Thanks :bigthumb:

ps. I would really like to invest my money on a SLR cam, but im broke right now :wtc:

2. sony

sony Active Member

Damn.. that's pretty good timing from a point and shoot. :eek3: Good job.

One thing though. Ball. Face.

You got the ball down in most of the shots (ball touching body part is better), but in all your dunk, shooting, etc. it's all backs. Try going to the other side, it might improve the feel of the pics. Other than that, good start. :bigok:

3. KenIIDX

KenIIDX New Member

I appreiciate your feedback, I have a few pictures of ball/face shots from down below, but the lighting was pretty bad so trying to photoshop it with my noob skills was kinda hard :hs:. But i'll post them in a sec

4. KenIIDX

KenIIDX New Member

5. KenIIDX

KenIIDX New Member

I do realize the quality is not so great, bu thats what happens when you have some POS canon :wtc:

6. sony

sony Active Member

Yeah you were SOL with the way the light was coming from, so you ended up sillohetting the players. You don't have many options really when it comes to shooting outdoor sports as far as angle is concerned since you usually want the sun coming from behind you.

Did you try flash at all though? From some of the angles where you silohetted, popping a fill flahs would've helped a lot. You'd get some really dramatic backgrounds + face + ball. :eek3:

7. KenIIDX

KenIIDX New Member

Never tried flash, it was honestly quite lighter out than it shows in the picture, but i'll try it out sometime.

btw: flash is slow as fuck I need good timing

8. sony

sony Active Member

yeah well you got the timing down w/ the slow shutter response so i'm sure u'll do fine w/ flash

you'll have to change the settings.. i'm not too familiar w/ that cam so iono .. :o

9. KenIIDX

KenIIDX New Member

thanks a bunch phidong :bigthumb: