MIL Some people have sticks lodged way far...

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by fintheman, Jul 4, 2006.

1. fintheman

fintheman I will ebay O/T!

I just decided to see what would happen when I posted my LOR (On my Birthday) and (For wearing jeans to PT because I was on a profile and could not do anything).

So far, I've faked my injuries, I'm a dirtbag for getting my VA compensation, I will never get a civil service job, my injury wasn't LOD.

I swear, I think people who are enlisted really HATE it to hear about someone doing good after they get out and moving onto other things that makes someone happy.

http://forums.military.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/37919558/m/6780002570001/p/1

2. ManinCamo

ManinCamo I wear big boy pants.

I can't believe you got an LOR for jeans to PT... I had a guy wear jeans to PT one time, I made him PT and had his supervisor make sure he wore normal clothes next time :dunno:

3. Jyokker

Jyokker The trouser snake is very aggressive. It will corn

depends on the circumstances. I am sure several people here will get LOCs and LORs come September. They have been told a year in advance to have their PT gear ready to wear to all PT sessions. September is the deadline. If they haven't gotten it by September, then an LOC or LOR is justified. Just an example. Not saying fin is like this, but after those folks get their LOC or LOR, the story they tell will leave out several details.

4. ManinCamo

ManinCamo I wear big boy pants.

I am going to strike down those who do not wear PT gear.

We have guys who wear PJ pants to PT. WTF! talked to the flt/cc about it and they don't want to do anything. Come September, they're MINE! :)

Sorry, being that unprofessional that you can't even wear something close to PT gear on a regular basis really frustrates me. It would be one thing if they were in shape, but they're not.

/rant

5. Jyokker

Our CC is pretty fired up about PT. The PT guys have his full backing and support. As a result, a Comm Sq has the highest fitness level of all the units on base. Ok, I'll type that again... THE BASE COMM SQ has a higher fitness level than the other units on base. You know, the computer nerds.

6. pmoney

pmoney OT Supporter

What exactly is a LOR or LOC?

7. brackac

brackac Fuck all of this. OT Supporter

If you had been briefed previously on what was considered proper PT gear then you deserved the LOR. You deserved the LOR anyways for being a idiot wearing jeans to PT. If you were on a PT limiting profile then you should have come in duty uniform.

8. brackac

brackac Fuck all of this. OT Supporter

Letter of Reprimand and Letter of Counseling.

9. fintheman

Oh well, it was fun, I just thought it was funny for getting it for jeans. Anyways, I don't really think I deserved it but there are times that I did but I also did correct my "actions" in the proper manner.

Honestly, the military wasn't for me, but I'm still happy I joined and was able to serve.

10. pmoney

pmoney OT Supporter

i c

I know it will be in your jacket forever, but how much of an impact will it have on future assignments/promotions, etc if it is a minor thing? Just wondering here.

11. Ranger-AO

Ranger-AO I'm here for the Taliban party. Moderator

was it a mod that changed your usertext to "dirtbag airman"? :ugh2:

12. MrRyan

MrRyan Gary Johnson 2016 OT Supporter

Something tells me a LOC from a Tech Sergeant in the AF ain't going farther than the end of next month.

13. Jyokker

Stays in your Personal Information File (PIF) until you PCS. It is a paper trail. If you and Airman Jim bob are going up for some award, say Below the Zone, you will be passed over due to the LOC or LOR. Depends on the circumstances, you can always provide a rebuttle within 3 days.

14. Jyokker

It will support kicking someone out if that person continues to screw up. I've seen a Staff Sergeant provide such a paper trail to the CC that the CC would have to be crazy not to kick the person out. The person I am talking about is no longer in the AF, and was kicked out due to a supervisor that was very attentive to the paper trail. Funny side note, that person also applied for a contracting position here and their application was laughed out of the office.

15. fintheman

Jyokker, how are the civil service jobs out there?

I'm still in my search, although I landed a little contract for the summer with Nissan.