TAT Some people are right... I do have a regret with my tattoo..

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by LocoStrange, Jun 23, 2006.

1. LocoStrange

LocoStrange New Member

You know how some people say you will regret getting tattoos? Well, today, I realized something.... I regret getting my tattoo on my back :rofl:

The only way a person will see it is if I go shirtless or wear a muscle tee. And I dont like to walk around shirtless unless im at a beach or swimming (which is rare to begin with). And I feel weird walking around with a muscle tee :(

What? Did you think I was going to say I regret getting my tattoos? Heck no... I love them :big grin: :wiggle:

2. joy division

joy division New Member

Fuck that no one will see my tattoos, they aren't worthy unless they are about to be penetrated...or just good friends.

Until I get my sleeve :(

3. jlawrenc

jlawrenc New Member

my one regret about my back tattoo is that I am the only person in the world who can never actually see it. if I ever managed to, it would be the last thing I ever saw, as my neck would be toast.

4. Phantom Empress

Phantom Empress mmmmmm tasty!!!

I just regret that I went to a crappy artist. a lot of my lines are wiggly and blurry looking. But I guess When you pay 80$, you get 80$ work.

maybe someday I;ll get it colored and fixed a bit, I still like my tattoo and don't regret having it..

5. Phantom Empress

I doubt i can get a cover up, and to be honest i don't want to cover it, maybe just clean it up some how.

[​IMG]

the only pic i have access to of it, from the day after i got it.

6. Mace Windu

Mace Windu OT's Resident Pile of Awesome

:bowdown:

7. Mace Windu

That's a cool tatt.

8. Phantom Empress

thanks... but not too soon after it healed up i noticed it's offcenter on my back (just a little but enough to bug me) and the lines ae wobbly and thick.

9. Phantom Empress

I like having mine where i can cover it and not have many people see it. i've had it for 5 years and my grandma still doesn't know.

10. Phantom Empress

I've seen some great coverup work done, I was thing of just getting it fixed and having mose stuff added to it... dunno yet, it'll be a long long time before i get another tattoo.

11. Phantom Empress

yeah, I'm more into spending in the thousands on my tattoos if/when i get more. I was a silly 18 year old. I had spent a long long time designing my tattoo and loving my design, but the cash flow was tight... Oh well my mistake, i pay for it now.

:cool: grandma
    my grandma once threatened to take a brillo pad to me if i ever got a tattoo. Piercings she's ok with since thouse can be taken out with ease, but tattoos are a different story

12. Mace Windu

Awsome. My old church acquaintances decided to gossip about me when they finally found out that I had piercings. I haven't been to see them or visit that church since I found that out.

13. low20

low20 Member

haha yeah i feel the same way...i got my first tat a year ago on my back and it sucks not being able to see it yourself, and also that no one else really sees it much cept in the summer....oh well, ill fix that by getting another tat ina more visible spot. :)

14. xela

xela So say we all!

I don't regret my tattoos either. If I hadn't fucked up and rushed into getting the one on my back I would have never gotten my awesome, huge cover up! It's so beautiful and I love looking at it...in pictures of course. :o

15. sparq

sparq New Member

Im the same way, ive only got one tattoo and its small, I have "01000011" tattooed on my right hand between my thumb and first finger -- no one notices, but its a significant tattoo for me, and im looking at getting some others, like where I wear my watch.... looking to get my niece that passed name on my neck, but have it be able to be covered up by a regular collared work shirt, and also a shoulder/half sleeve piece.

I guess everyone has their preferences to showing off their ink.

16. charel

charel : explorer

what's that the binary for?

17. LocoStrange

LocoStrange New Member

Yea, thats true. No one believes me if they hear me talking about tattoo and me saying that I have two of them :rofl:

18. RougeOgre

RougeOgre FS Librarian and MOD

I love mine but most of them aren't readily visible. People are REALLY surprised when they find out I have them and more so when I tell them there are 4. My friends like the one on my lower back and flip my shirt up on me to look at it:mamoru:. I sometimes wish I could see it easier, too.

19. beautiful disaster

beautiful disaster OT Supporter

i have a dalmation on lower back...as some of you may have read in another thread, i got it as a symbol in rememberence of my boyfriend who was killed.

i don't regret the tattoo, it was done beautifully...just where i got it and the size of it. and it's a little off center. i dunno, i guess because it's not your typical tribal lower back tattoo maybe that's why it bothers me. not like i'm showing it off anyway...but still.

[​IMG]

20. beautiful disaster

beautiful disaster OT Supporter

lol sorry about the pic...it was taken the day after i got it like 3 years ago lol

that was the whole reason why i did it... knowing that i would eventually date again. we had been best friends all through school before we started seriously dating. we had only been an "item" for a little under a year...but his death just completely turned my world upside down, as i'm sure it would for anyone who lost a loved one.

and i'm sure after reading that some people will think differently of it. but it means something to me. a lot of people i know have seen it and don't really think anything of it, just that i'm a firefighter and that's what it's for. my SO knows what it's about and it doesn't bother him. he's actually really supportive with the whole thing, knowing how i'm still kinda messed up about it (ie how i start crying when i hear our old song or when we watch a movie and something reminds me of it)

21. MSIGuy

MSIGuy om nom nom nom!

22. Schproda

Schproda New Member

I've got 4, all which can be covered up or shown rather easily. When you deal with customers all the time you have to be somewhat professional.

23. Lindsay Loo

Lindsay Loo ミ★ Mikel's POZ Partner ミ★

i have no regrets... but i wonder if my "lucky you" tattoo down south makes my S/O uncomfortable... like is he thinking how many ppl have seen it other than him.. or what... hmm