A&P Some Paralympic Stuff

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by Keegan, Apr 2, 2010.

1. Keegan

Keegan New Member

Stuff that wasn't filed or needed for the most part. Am finally getting to stuff I shot for myself.

Was at sledge hockey for every single game, and wheelchair curling twice during the prelims, and then the gold medal/bronze medal match once we bussed it from the sledge gold aftermath.

Shot a lot, and became friends with the 2 Getty guys shooting hockey/curling. Ended up going out for dinner with them and their editor on the company's dime for their last meal in town. Made some good contacts and met a bunch of great shooters. Most were awesome people who loved to talk and share ideas, plus dick around when the games were winding down.

Here are a few shots, plus some interesting ones I thought I'd share for you remote freaks.

------

Remote up top looking down at USA goal/crease for gold medal game. Richard Lam ran it, I was just up there assisting and was on the ice for prefocus. Can't post them, but they turned out pretty good; unique angle. Always nice to try something fun.

Remote setup was a 1d2, 400 2.8, with two garrett wires securing it, plus magic arm/super clamp.

D3 + 14-24

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

------

Here are a few jube/different angles. Will post more action stuff later.

Would throw on my caption data, but too lazy. Basic will do :rofl:

Various stuff used to shoot.
    D3, 16mm fish, 70-200 2.8, 400 2.8 + 1.4 sometimes/might have had the 600 4 for the curling, can't remember which day it was.

Japan beats Canada to advance to Gold Medal game

[​IMG]

Swiss curler reacts to her shot against Korea

[​IMG]

Korean goalie misses puck as it goes by him

[​IMG]

Korean/Czech player battle for puck as they go into corner

[​IMG]

Norway after they beat Canada in the Bronze Medal Game

[​IMG]

2. Wobistdu

Wobistdu Guest

goalie puck shot is awesome

the puck is going wide though isnt it?

3. Keegan

Keegan New Member

Yep. Was a sharp angle shot, the shooter was almost in my line of sight iirc. Just missed the far side of the net.

4. Wobistdu

Wobistdu Guest

very cool

5. ThexToddster

ThexToddster New Member

6. Run N. Gun

Run N. Gun Active Member

Those are awesome!! :bigthumb:

One of my good friends and co-workers is Tony Volpentest, a world record holder runner - who was born without hands or feet. He has several gold medals from the Paralympics. Just an amazing story.