Some of the best advice I've ever heard

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by metalfan111, Jan 4, 2007.

1. metalfan111

metalfan111 Guest

I've always had a problem with shyness and confidence and stuff and made a ton of posts on OT that were followed up with great advice from other OTers. There was a thread in OT earlier about some guy asking how to overcome his fear of girls, because he was shy. Jennipher posted some of the best advice I've ever heard, its short, simple and straight to the point.

You may or may not think that is great advice, but I honestly think its some of the best I've heard. Anyone who has problem with shyness and girls needs to read that quote.

Theres another quote, I forget who said it, but it was something like

I love that line. I was never good with teasing and stuff with girls, but after reading that line, it made perfect sense and helped soo much.

2. huntz0r

huntz0r New Member

That is excellent advice. Advice which I should be doing better at following, in fact.

As far as little sisters go, I never had one. So that bit has never really been that helpful to me. Oh well.

3. :smile:

:smile: New Member

it makes a lot of sense.. even the little sister line. you wouldnt want some ass treating your little sister like shit so don't treat other women that way. someone told me something like watch how a guy treats his mother or a girl he likes friends.. they say it shows a lot about the guy

4. PocoDiablo

PocoDiablo New Member

The true line is "Treat her like your bratty little 9-year old sister." It's a line from David DeAngelo. It's great advice, when you think about it. Basically, the mind set is "don't let her get away with anything." If you asked your sister to a movie and she said "I have to wash my hair, sorry, can't go!" you KNOW you'd give her tons of shit. The typical first response I have for any excuse from a woman is "Geez, that's the most pathetic excuse I've ever heard. Is that the best you can come up with to try and get out of a date with me?" in a teasing and playful manner.

The shy thing to me screams "Go learn how to be social, learn how to date, learn how to be an adult." I did that by absorbing anything I could find on dating advice.

5. buddha724

buddha724 New Member

ZING!

6. AngerRising

AngerRising Guest

I see what you're saying but honestly I think that is some pretty shitty advice. It's like saying "The car is broke and I don't know how to fix it" then someone just saying "well just do your best."

7. deznutz

deznutz New Member

:bigthumb: good advice, i should follow it more.

8. Seto Kaiba

Seto Kaiba Screw the rules I have money!

I think that first one only works for some people. I'm shy but I'm not insecure. I can't really help being shy though. My mind just blanks when I meet new people and then as I become comftertable around them I start being able to think of things to say.

9. soundmaster2.0

soundmaster2.0 Toasted OT Supporter

I think that if people just learned to lossen up it would help a lot. I used to be shy, then I realized that I don't care what other people think of me and that I should just be myself.

10. illdisposed

illdisposed New Member

good advice man, if ya have some more... bring it to the table...