A&P Some of my pictures

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by MrBrotato, Jan 24, 2007.

1. MrBrotato

MrBrotato New Member

Well I'm working on a website for all my pictures, but I haven't posted any here in a while I don't think, so what do you guys think of a few?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I'm just using a point and shoot, auto levels in photoshop. Except the last one, I burned around the ? key.

EDIT: Oh, and I guess the signature thing kind of sucks, I'm still trying to make something that looks decent.

2. turbodude

turbodude Just a photographer OT Supporter

only one i like is the 2nd one, and even that i one i don;t love. Maybe if the horizon line was a little bit more toward the bottom

3. Changed

Changed Guest

look like snapshots

4. last one is cool :dunno:

5. MrBrotato

MrBrotato New Member

Ok, well here are a few more. I think there are a couple better ones in here. Maybe, I'll see what you guys think I guess.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. Beeno

Beeno New Member

I like the first leaf pic.

7. jared_IRL

jared_IRL OT Supporter

you LOOOOOVE playing with depth of field, don't you?

8. MrBrotato

MrBrotato New Member

Looks interesting. Most of my pics are not of that though. I'm just going through folders and picking some out at random.

9. mandarin orange

mandarin orange OT Supporter

i dont really see any interesting subjects. looks more like snapshots with shallow DOFs in most of them

10. dano

dano OT Supporter

Truf.

You've mastered using a camera, now work on getting an eye for photography.

I've been using a shit 3.2 MP camera for everything I do, but I've got a great eye for shots and people find it hard to believe I'm using a P&S most of the time.

Just browse the forum here and on other sites and get some ideas on what interests you and with time you'll pick it up.

11. MrBrotato

MrBrotato New Member

Cool, thanks guys.

And they are all snapshots. On my days off I try to find a neat place and take a walk and I try to find things to shoot. I guess I will work on finding the stuff and angles not normally seen, not so snapshotty like. Well I will post again next year probably lol. I have a point and shoot and it is the first camera I've ever owned or used, so I'm still very much learning. I've had the camera a few months now.

12. BeachBoy

BeachBoy New Member

if you PS a little bit, you can get good stuff out of P&S pictures too.

Like that second one of the road and trees, you should adjust colors/contrast IMO.

13. jared_IRL

jared_IRL OT Supporter

I didn't mean anything bad by my last comment.

I love playing with depth of field too. IMO, it's one of the most important parts of photography to know how to use and understand.

Keep shooting! Your stuff isn't bad, by any means. I like a few of your shots better than most of the stuff my classmates in photo school took...

14. kronik85

kronik85 New Member

i'm very much an amateur so take this with a grain of salt.

fireworks : would be more interesting with something to compare with or someting in the background. or if it were a high detail single burst filling the picture.

patterns : very cool entricate patterns, but the whole picture is filled with them. nothing to really focus on. no single pattern stands out and steals the show.

first leaf : i really like
    second leaf : very flat, i think if you brought back alot of the detail and contrast in the stem/veins of the leaf it could help the shot alot.

bridge : i spent about 2 or 3 minutes trying to decide if there was a building in the top left corner. took away from the shot for me. i still dunno if there even is one. the hotspots of light above the bridge draw my eyes to nothing really interesting. perhaps play with the levels a bit, take down the hotspots a tad, burn the edges very slightly to focus on the bridge.

steps : i love the green, very pretty, the dirt is kinda boring and i think composition could be played with a bit. you've got two pretty green halves split evenly with a plain brown.

those are my very very amateur opinions. take 'em for what they're worth (not very much).

15. MrBrotato

MrBrotato New Member

Thanks, nope no building cut out of the bridge picture. I would retake it with the full left end in the shot but I went by there just about an hour ago and found 2 trees have fallen on it, not to mention hundreds of others on the path to get there. It isn't even a trail anymore :p.

[​IMG]

16. kronik85

kronik85 New Member

woah, what happened there?

17. MrBrotato

MrBrotato New Member

2 pretty bad wind storms. I couldn't even access the trail all last month because there were about 6 trees down right over the entrance, big huge trees like the size of my truck, it was crazy.

18. dano

dano OT Supporter

Mother Nature ownt your photo attempts. That sucks.

There was a little off-the-beaten-path place my parents used to take me to when I was little to feed ducks. I had a lot of fond memories of the place, and remember it being absolutely stunning. I went back last year for the first time in ages and the water level had come up and changed it entirely, I was pissed.

19. MonkMonk

MonkMonk New Member

the leaf one is the only good one imo. Even then it looks like it was PSed to hell