Some Noob Questions on Powerbook

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by cfuddd, Jun 15, 2005.

1. cfuddd

cfuddd Guest

Hello Mac Shack
    Today I bought a damaged G4 17" powerbook for an extremly cheap price(i didnt really need a new computer but he was practicaly giving it away), the screen is heavily damaged it has small cracks and around them is possibly broken picsels sorta like this IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v706/pbnation/damage.bmp[/IMG]
    it also didnt come with a powercord cause he broke 2 and didnt think it was worth it to buy more cause of the screen, he said it costed 2000 when he recived it around a year or 2 ago.
    now for the questions,
    How much would you have paid for the powerbook?
    Is it possible to fix the screen for a reasonably price or fo it by my self?
    Can the powerbook hook up to a regular pc monitor ( if it needs an adaptor how much does it cost)?

thank you for your help

2. clog

clog NO SOUP FOR YOU!!!!11

you can hook it up to a monitor via the DVI out, and if your monitor does not support DVI, there are dvi to agp adapers cheap. I am not sure how fixable the screen is, can you take a picture of the thing?

3. Fucker

Fucker out of the fast lane, bitches

4. TurkeyChicken

TurkeyChicken New Member

from your little bitmap graphic, looks like the screen is totally fucked

5. tenplanescrashing

tenplanescrashing Active Member

im sure you can still use it w/ an external monitor and it'll work just fine. I wouldn't even try to get the screen fixed. Probably more of a hassle than anything. You can pick up a powercord for about $15-30.