COMIC some new series you'll want to check out

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by RDB, Oct 23, 2003.

1. RDB

RDB Blinded By Subpar Modulators

www.downloadanime.org -> torrents

gungrave, ep1 so far is out subbed, was created by the same people/persons that made cowboy bebop. looks pretty damn cool so far, it seems to be based loosely off the story used for the PS2 game. you should be able to pick the PS2 game up in the bargain bin for $10 now, well worth it IMO.

Brandon Heat(former syndicate cleaner) is resurected by a scientist and a girl, whose mother mary was friends with brandon before his death 13 years earlier. girls mother was killed by the syndicate and wants revenge for her mother.

fullmetal alchemist, ep1-3 are out so far subbed. i am very surprised at how good this series is turning out.

the first scene of the series hooked me, brothers Edward and Alphonse Elric performing alchemy in a magic circle, only to have Alphonse dissapear into the void and Edward to be left with a bloody stump for an arm and a leg. square is also currently developing an action rpg for the series.

Gunslinger Gril, eps 1-3 are out subbed, only skipped through it before work. looks like its playing on the success of noir and injecting a little bit of kite into it...

2. autoracer1

autoracer1 Rallyx postponed :wtc: Next one May 10.

I dled gungrave from you mentioning it in a previous thread. Really really good :bowdown:

Is it being aired in Japan right now, or is there a dvd/vcd set available, or is there any other way to get the episodes? I checked half.com, which just had the ps2 game...

3. Whojive

Whojive Form a Fucking Wall OT Supporter

GSG is basically like Leon: the professonal

4. Draven2575

Draven2575 Taking one responsibility at a time

:werd:
    :bowdown:
    also just finished seeing alchemist :bigthumb:
    gonna try gungrave

5. keroberos

keroberos OT Supporter

chrono cross > *

6. Whojive

Whojive Form a Fucking Wall OT Supporter

alchemist good? i downloaded them just haven't had time to watch them

7. Jay

Jay My shit don't stink

gungrave is sorta like Hellsing meets Blade

it's alright I guess.

8. Malachite

Malachite Guest

Some brief reviews on stuff i've downloaded recently, some new some not.

Naruto: I'm sure most of you know about this already, dl it if you don't.

Full Metal Panic Fumoffu: 2nd season of Full Metal panic. It takes the funny parts of FMP and makes it the main focus of this series. One of the best series out right now and it's hilarious.

Gunslinger Girls: It seems good so far. I didn't like that half of the 2nd episode was basically a recap of the first though. Supposedly the manga is supposed to be really good and this is based off that.

Gilgamesh: Some organization screws up the world in a terrorist attack. Basically it's organization vs organization so far but you're not sure if either of them are "good". It's really interesting so far and probably has ties into the ancient story of gilgamesh if you like that stuff.

Read or Die TV: I never saw the OAV of this but I'm liking the TV series. Three girls manipulate paper and act as bodyguards for a loved/hated writer while doing their daily stuff. :dunno: It's entertaining.

Avenger: Some barbarian woman travels around Mars with a doll and a doll mechanic. Dolls are basically robots who look like kids and are servants to people. It seems like mars is screwed up and people are struggling to survive. Theres fighting and an odd story. Odd in that I really have no idea why anything is happening but you can tell where things are going.

100 Hundred Stories: A writer witnesses a bunch of odd events/stories and a group of people that punish people for their deeds. The stories are basically weird/horroresque stories. Not a glamorous review(nor are the rest i've done heh) but its interesting.

Maburaho: Magic filled world with a magic school. The main char is some loser who can supposedly only use magic 8 times. One day its revealed that his ancestors were all of the best magicians in the world and suddenly every girl wants to ride his cock and have an ubermagician baby. If you like those harem type animes with 10 girls for 1 guy you might like this.

Shingetsutan Tsukihime: Anime focused on vampires and supernatural things in a normal world. Some schoolboy who has a weird power(thats explained as the series goes on) has his life continually screwed up with his encounters with this vampire that basically drags him into her life with supernatural things. It's really cool so far but only 3 episodes are out.

Yami to boushi somethingsomething :dunno: some stupid title I don't understand: Fantasy type anime where a girl travels through dimensions looking for her sister that disappears. Her sister ends up being an important figure in some cross-dimension universe. It seems like half of the characters are lesbians but thats probably because this is supposedly based off an H-game. DL if you're bored, its ok but nothing special.

Planetes: drama & more drama. Not your typical space time anime with mechs and ships. It's a story about astronauts and people in a debris cleaning section. Over idealized girl meets apathetic guy, drama time.

Da Capo: Light hearted romance and another harem anime. Schoolboy who doesn't seem to care about love attracts the attention of a bunch of different girls.

Full Metal Alchemist: nothing really different to say from what RDB posted. The "can't get something from nothing" theory seems to be getting drilled as much as the "we might be twins" from Onegai twins. It's good though.

Gad Guard: This is really a niche anime. Theres almost no plot as it focuses on character development. Some kids find these little boxes that turn into mechs and turn the city into chaos. I like the two main characters though(Hajiki & Katana). As a bonus, theres lots of jazz music if you like that.

E's Otherwise: This has been out for a while and is probably almost over(up to ep 24 so far) but since it's still going I included it. An organization that focuses on using psychic power wielding people fights against a guerilla group. One of the psychics goes astray from the organization and works with a lone wolf guy to find out about the organization and the world outside of it.

Narutaru: This actually ended a while ago but I never saw it mentioned here. It basically starts as a lighthearted anime(even kind of fools you by being aired on a kids station) but continually gets darker and darker. It's only 13 episodes and felt really short but it really gets better as it goes along. The worst episodes are the starting few and the best are the last.

9. TypeSDragoon

TypeSDragoon Guest

:bowdown:

10. tom3

tom3 ...

holy shit... i just watched the first 6 eps of gungrave. and wow, what a cool series so far.

possible spoiler? maybe not...

the way it started out reminded me of berserk... how things are in the present time, then it flashes back to the past to give the viewers a good sense of the history.

it's also reminds me of cowboy bebop (not so surprisingly) like rdb said. the plot follows the two best friends and their relationship within the syndicate with a lady friend that seems to be in the mix of things. i feel that the storyline here was what was missing from bebop that could have let the viewers really understand the past between spike, vicious, and julia. i'd definitely recommend this so far.

11. chamelean75

chamelean75 Guest

R.O.D. the Tv, everyone go check it out, only 10 episodes have been subbed so far.