some mp3 player suggestions?

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by dietcookie, Aug 5, 2004.

1. dietcookie

dietcookie I Like Men

Hey guys I need to get a hdd based mp3 player for my car. I was looking at the iriver 20gb one. Looks nice, but does anyone know if that has a laptop built in drive or a proprietary drive? And the battery? I know the Ipod Drive and battery has to be sent back and there is no way you can replace it. IRiver looks good to me for what i'm doing. What are some other mp3 players that are hdd laptop based with good battery power and at least 10gb?

2. maczter

maczter Life is trying things to see if they work.

3. dietcookie

dietcookie I Like Men

Wow thats cool, they have one for iriver too. I think i'm leaning towards the iriver I really like the optical in, I would use it. Anyone have anything against the iriver in favors towards something else?

4. maczter

:ipod:

but i'm biased. love my mini.

alpine is about to come out with an interface adapter that allows you to control an ipod from some of their head units.

5. dietcookie

dietcookie I Like Men

ipods look nice but are kinda steep..The iriver has better battery life..USB 2.0 is about fast or faster than firewire, it also has drag and drop I don't think the ipod does that :wiggle: my girlfriend said no mp3 player till next paycheck so I still have time to decide (im so whipped)..but yeah the main thing for any mp3 player im getting is im going to use a FM transmitter. Is the one apple offers better than the 3rd party ones that work for any device?

6. maczter

apple doesn't offer an fm transmitter. they're all third-party. there are several available.

iPod is not drag n drop, it's plug and go. you arrange your playlists in iTunes and select which ones you want on the iPod, then all you have to do is connect the firewire or optional USB 2 cable (unless you have a dock for your pod). as soon as you put it in the dock or connect the cable, it automagically syncs your music for the selected playlists and if you've made any chages or deletions to your playlists on the mac, it will update the songs on your iPod to match.

http://www.apple.com/ipod/

7. dietcookie

dietcookie I Like Men

This isn't third-party?

http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APP...607/wo/G8728LBIFJAp3jTGV02dZdsHAHR/1.3.0.6.10

nm link wont work but its called Griffin iTrip and they sell it at the apple store at www.apple.com

8. maczter