GUN Some long over due justice.

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Tdizzle, Nov 1, 2007.

1. Tdizzle

Tdizzle New Member

2. PanzerAce

PanzerAce Active Member

3. Cannondale

Cannondale OT Supporter

I'm so happy to hear this. The Westboro Baptist Church is full of lunatics, and if they had come and done that crap at a funeral for one of my kids, I would have done the same thing. I'm glad congress passed the law about Federal cemeteries, that needed to happen.

4. crazybenf

crazybenf Active Member

Time to pull a Waco and fire bomb their 'commune'

5. zxghostrider

zxghostrider Sometimes you gotta hop on two wheels

Justice is served :bowdown:

6. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Then we can go protest the funerals of anyone that DIAF.

7. PanzerAce

PanzerAce Active Member

:rofl:

8. jabbadeznuts

jabbadeznuts ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

:ugh: I hate those fucks. I hope the people suing get every last penny and the westboro baptist church members have to go to debtors' prison. :mad:

9. [DWI]

[DWI] Master of Nothing

I'm glad to see they were punished for what they did, I agree that they should have been punished. However 11 million may be a little on the excessive side, even for asshats, plus its probably more than the Church is worth. Its great to see the father in the case and really anyone else they have attacked get justice, but I don't know how likely it is that he will see any of that money.

I'd hate to see this in the main forum, probably saying it was the first amendment and they should not be penalized for saying it. As far as I can tell they were penalized for what they did, surely they knew there actions would cause emotional distress to the families and amount to little more than harassment. You have to be responsible for your actions and their outcomes, like we have the right under the 2nd amendment to own a gun. However that doesn't mean we are not responsible for the results of using that gun.

I don't care if they continue to be insane and talk all they want, but hopefully this will show them that they need to do it in a more respectful manner.

10. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Put a lien up on the church, tear it down and build a memorial.

11. [DWI]

[DWI] Master of Nothing

the only issue is if the church actually owns a building, the videos I have seen of them online make it seem like they run the church out of several houses owned by church members with one big backyard.

12. cabriolet

cabriolet ...

The majority of that church is all one family, so that wouldn't surprise me.

13. [DWI]

[DWI] Master of Nothing

yeah I know and since the verdict is against the church not the individuals, it wouldn't do much.

14. Willie J

Willie J New Member

15. Pineapple Devil

Pineapple Devil beat it!

so how do you collect 11 million from someone that doesnt have 11 million?

16. [DWI]

[DWI] Master of Nothing

If it was an individual you could garnish wages, but since this is an organization, I am not sure. Chances are they will probably keep using the church a shield for themselves and simply the individuals volunteered goods, services, time and modes of transportation. If the church had documented income or property holdings you might be able to squeeze on them. Maybe a better informed individual than me can explain.

17. Coottie

Coottie BOOMER......SOONER OT Supporter

Here's the 2nd best news from that article:
    This means that in all likelihood, these people are personally responsible for the debt as well as the church. I haven't read the case so I can't say for sure...but this is most likely true.

Why is this important and good?? Well most judgments can't be absolved with a bankruptcy....not only that, once a judgment has been entered, the plaintiff can pursue collection actions such as seizing assets to satisfy the judgment. Yep, they can start taking cars and houses and all that other stuff they have......like flags. :)

If the judgment is joint and severele (sp?)...that means that each person can be held responsible for all of the debt. In other words, one person might have to pay it all if the others die or whatever. This is really good for the plaintiffs.

Now this isn't 100% iron clad but it's much better than simply suing the church by itself....which they would then just close down and rename and good luck ever trying to collect on that.

Moral of the story: if you sue a company, church, or other legal entity, push your attorney's to sue the people individually. Any judgment will follow them for a very, very long time. Attorney's hate to do this so sometimes you have to remind the attorney's that they work for you....and be firm. :)

18. Coottie

?? why do you think this?? Were the individuals dismissed from the case and I just missed it??

19. [DWI]

[DWI] Master of Nothing

I somehow missed that, it is good news for this judgment. Now here is a question when there are a group of individuals and a organization as well with a judgment of 11 million dollars against them how is that divided up? Or do they have to sue each other to decide.

If they don't pay you could always sell the judgment to J.G. Wentworth.

20. Coottie

:rofl: @ JGWentworth

Yeah see this is why it's really good, they can't escape by closing down the church or declaring bankruptcy. There's also no time limit on collections so they can garnish future wages of the defendants.

How is it split up?? It depends on the actual wording of the order...which I haven't read. However, if it's joint and severele, then that means the amount is shared by all both individually and collectively. Meaning, 1 person might have to pay 3 mill, another pays 1 mill, another only pays 100k and the 4th pays the rest. Or one person might pay it all and the others get off without paying anything.

But it's really all determined by the language in the order and I'm too lazy to look it up. :)

21. Coottie

22. Sardaukar

Sardaukar Active Member

You call that justice? I was thinking along the lines of dead, tortured church founders... :dunno:

23. Ghostrider4450

Ghostrider4450 New Member

"Church members believe that U.S. deaths in the war in Iraq are punishment for the nation's tolerance of homosexuality."

This fucking fried my circuits. How in the flying fuck is this a logical and sensible statement? :ugh2:

24. Tdizzle

Tdizzle New Member

The very reason I posted it here, I prefer a non moronic viewpoint.

25. Slick26

Slick26 Gun|Bike|Cigar|PS3|Beer |Whisky|Night Crew

Set up a sniper team and start picking them off. God, would that be fun or what? :hsugh: