Some info?

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Gutrat, Feb 10, 2003.

1. Gutrat

Gutrat "GET DOWN..."

Yeah, I was just wondering something with the ASUS A7N8X dLX (Nforce2).

Can you use the built in Geforce4 as the video card? Lets say, I got everything I need for a pc, but left out, lets say, a RADEON 9700, will I be left with the built in graphics?

I guess what im trying to say is that, is there a video out on the deluxe model.
    This would save me alot of money, because i dont feel like spending 600 $ on a RADEON 9700 right away.

Thanks

2. Kabuko

Kabuko Guest

I wasn't aware that they made an A7N8X with the integrated graphics...

3. Gutrat

Gutrat "GET DOWN..."

Well, doesnt the Nforce2 have an intergrated geforce4 MX?

4. 6Double5321

6Double5321 Into the blue again, after the money's gone

No...nForce2 is just the name of the chipset (from nVIDIA) that Asus puts on the A7N8X. Besides, if they were going to use an integrated GPU I would hope that Asus would use something better than a GF4 MX on that board.

5. Kabuko

Kabuko Guest

Integrated graphics on nForce boards are notorious for sucking (yes, they all are GF4MX). They're just good to have for integrated everything. Convenient. A7N8X as far as I know does not come with integrated graphics of any form.

6. Kabuko

Kabuko Guest

The nForce2 is a motherboard chipset. It happens to include an audio controller (optional). Integrated graphics are also optional. Actually it has a whole multimedia thing going on, so it actually includes an ethernet controller too, hard drive controllers, etc.