Some "image" advice please?

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by bjonesy77, Jul 31, 2008.

1. bjonesy77

bjonesy77 New Member

Well, in my recent escapades at trying to get myself out there more and trying to meet more people (women in specific) I've come to a conclusion. I am 21, but physically I look 17ish which makes it hard to meet women who are my age. I've found that people see me more as a kid than as an adult because of my appearance. When meeting someone for the first time, usually it will start with normal conversation but quickly develops into "how old are you anyway?" Now I realize I can't just physically age my appearance, but I figure there may be some ways to alter my "image" to portray me as being 21 and not 17. Now I realize alot of you are going to say this is a confidence issue, and it very well might be, but nothing helps boost a persons confidence like a good "makeover" :greddy:

Here are some pictures of me for reference
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Its not a big deal, plus when you are like 50 you will look like you are 35 or something. It is more of a blessing if anything unless you go after superficial whores.

3. XaPU!M

XaPU!M Active Member

That isn't what he asked.

How much facial hair can you grow? It was around your age I was having the same issue, I have/had a baby face. Grew a goat and never looked back (people give me shit now when I shave it off). Facial hair may not be the actual answer, especially if you can't grow any. But even a little scruff makes someone look older (as long as it isn't a pedo-stash or something)

4. bjonesy77

bjonesy77 New Member

I figured that would be the first reply.....but no, I cannot grow facial hair. Atleast not enough to actually enhance my appearance. If I let it grow for a while it would look more like a scraggly tree, if you will.

5. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

You have got a cute face, but the first thing I thought was how young you look and dress.

Grow your hair out just a bit and put some gel in it. There's something EXTREMELY kiddish about how it looks almost un-gelled in the 2nd, 3rd and 4th pics. And I know you might say it is gelled, but it doesn't look it because you are gelling it down and that look went out about 6 years ago.

The only other thing is clothes obviously. Can't tell too much from your pics because I personally don't mind guys who just wear a casual tee, guess it just depends what kind of tee you buy. I personally can't stand the one's that say "ABERCROMBIE, AMERICAN EAGLE AND GAP" on them, but I also thinnk the one's that just make some stupid statement make you look really young as well. I realize you're wearing jackets in the 2nd and 3rd pics but I'm sure there are more grown up looking zip-ups out there :dunno:

Can't really see your jeans but do you generally wear baggy jeans, cargo's? Try to stick to a more form-fitting boot cut, maybe don't wear sneakers with them.

6. teep

teep New Member

I feel for you man. I'm 22 and look super young myself. Like XaPU!M said, facial hair will go a long way as long as it' no pedo-stash. I have a little scruff, but it looks silly cause it's so patchy. Try playing around with your hair. My gf tells me I look significantly younger when I get it cut short.

Other than that don't sweat it. The pictures you posted are with a big group of people and at parties. Doesn't seem like you have a hard time meeting people your age. Just try and teach yourself not to be self-conscious about it and have fun. Trust me when I say there are plenty of chicks that dig a kind of "boyish charm".

7. Sneaky Ranger

Sneaky Ranger Didn't know bout dem der Jedi Squirrels did ya

Confidence issue dude, find an angle and play it if you must. With some confidence and game you should pull a good amount of tang.

8. demosnat

demosnat New Member

Go to a nice stylist in a nice salon (not a chain in a strip mall) after growing your hair out for a bit, and ask her to help you out with a style. You should pay at least 20 or 30 bucks.
    You won't have to go there everytime, but a good stylist will be able to help you find a non 90s look for your hair.

9. demosnat

demosnat New Member

10. iwishyouwerebeer

Oh, don't wear a t-shirt that shows under a polo (like in pic 4).

And it could just be coincidence, but try stepping outside the realm of a black shirt. The 1st pic is the pic you look best in and you are wearing red. Black doesn't do much for you.

11. PlutoBHG

PlutoBHG New Member

change your hair and wear sunglasses

12. bjonesy77

bjonesy77 New Member

my sister is actually a hair stylist at a pretty trendy place, she usually just does the normal haircut but I'll ask her to spice it up a little. As far as the black shirt, its a little coincidence and a little my wardrobe. I do have alot of black shirts, mostly because most of my tshirts are from concerts and such. Not that you cant get a colored shirt at a show, but for some reason the black ones always look cooler hanging up. With the polo, so should I not wear a tshirt under it? or a vneck that wont show?

13. bjonesy77

bjonesy77 New Member

what do you mean "find and angle"?

14. iwishyouwerebeer

If you for some reason feel you need a t-shirt under your polo then wear a v-neck or at least one that doesn't show :dunno:

15. Sneaky Ranger

Sneaky Ranger Didn't know bout dem der Jedi Squirrels did ya

You do look young but that doesn't need to be a deterent for you. If a girl wants to bring it up make a game of it, joke it up, make them laugh, something dude.

16. bjonesy77

bjonesy77 New Member

No offense taken, I'm looking for some criticism here. Thanks for the honest, I appreciate it. But I do have a question, if I am going to wear a t-shirt and jeans (I usually wear bootcut jeans from AE) how do I make that seem "older?" What shoes? I have a bit of everything as far a shoes, some nike shox, some black skater style shoes (SOOO comfortable) some birkenstocks, some bootish looking shoes, some clog things :greddy:. What about the T-shirt? What makes a t-shirt not so juvinile?

17. bjonesy77

bjonesy77 New Member

ok, I gotcha. I wasnt sure what you meant by "angle." I didn't know if you meant some sort of canned line or something. Thanks for the reply though.

18. uwofrost

uwofrost New Denver Crew

Simple answer is to get shirts from express for men. they have sweet graphic tees for $25. You can get good deals on jeans there too. Fitted polos are cheap there when they have a sale. I do most of my shopping there. For a hair style try something messy.... i dont have to try for this as my hair is curly but use some gel and just mess it up

19. Vysion

Vysion New Member

No matter how you dress, or style your facial hair, you can't escape the baby face problem. I'm 27 and people still think I look like I am in high school. I get no respect, and can't score with women because I look so young. I've tried different styles of clothes, and different styles of facial hair, nothing has worked to make me look older.

Unfortunately it is in my genes. When I was a kid people would ask my father if my mother was his daughter. She's a year older than him, but she has always looked way younger than she really is.

I figure by the time I'm in my 30's and 40's it should be easy to score with chicks in thier 20's.

From my experience women just aren't attracted to young looking guys. I've always had women call me cute. Just a couple weeks ago at the bar I met a girl that was younger than me and she called me "the cutest guy she's ever seen", but I don't want to be "cute". Cute is what you say about a baby, or a kitten or puppy, and I'm none of those.

20. GTLifter

GTLifter Banned

I'm 22 but look more like 28 so go fuck yourself! :fawk:

Actually I used to look younger then I was but started hitting the gym and put on a bunch of weight. I can't see the pics so I don't know what you look like but it might work for you too.

21. arsbu

arsbu New Member

Since you can't grow facial hair...

I'll say you need a different hair cut...and but new clothes that are tighter/fit you better. You look small in some of those pics because you're wearing a huge jacket. Also, if you start wearing tighter clothes, work out a bit, being more muscular helps you look less kiddy, even if you have a babyface.

22. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

Dude I'm the same way. I'm 27 and I still couldn't grow a full beard/mustache even if I wanted to (which I don't...)

A little scruff DOES make you look older tho. Oh, so does a receding hairline, so no one ever thinks I'm young anymore.

You could always smoke a lot and go tanning a lot. That would make you look older because it causes wrinkles. I'm kidding (not about the wrinkles part); don't do that.

Maybe you can just date 18 year olds :big grin:

23. demosnat

demosnat New Member

Also, maybe hit the gym? The roundness of your face may have a lot to do with how babyish it looks

24. fray

fray New Member

The hair (not really 'styled') and the clothes (basic, not trendy or any specific style) are hurting you.

I feel hypocritical saying that because I suck at style, but it's the first thing I noticed.

25. arsbu

arsbu New Member

A little bit, but with most people it makes it look like you're trying way too hard to look old (i.e. 13 year old trying to grow a mustache).