GUN Some dude tried to carbomb in downtown Dallas.

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Matt2000ss, Sep 25, 2009.

1. Matt2000ss

Matt2000ss OT Supporter

Yall hear about this shit? It was an FBI setup, but imagine if he actually got a hold of real bad guys with real explosives..

http://www.the33tv.com/news/kdaf-dallas-car-bomb-update-story,0,3296657.story

DALLAS -- A 19-year-old Jordanian citizen was arrested this afternoon as he attempted to destroy a skyscraper in downtown Dallas with a car bomb, federal officials said.

Hosam Maher Husein Smadi, of Italy, Texas, was arrested by FBI agencies near the Fountain Place, located at 1445 Ross Avenue, after he placed an inactive car bomb by the location, officials said.

Officials said the car did not contain any explosives.

"Smadi made a decision to act to commit a significant conspicuous act of violence under his banner of 'self-jihad,'" special agent in charge Robert E. Casey, Jr. said in a statement. "He will now face justice."

Smadi, who worked and lived in Italy, 45 miles south of Dallas, was in the United States illegally. He is being held in a federal prison on charges of attempting to use a weapon on mass destruction.

He will make his initial appearance at 11 a.m. Friday in U.S. District Court before U.S. Magistrate Judge Irma C. Ramirez.

In an affidavit released this afternoon, Smadi said he was acting as a solider for Usama Bin Laden and al-Qaida to conduct a violent jihad.

He said he was going to commit the jihad "for the sake of God."

The 19-year-old told undercover FBI agents that he intended to commit the crime against those he deemed enemies of Islam.

Federal officials do not believe Smadi is associated with any other terrorists or terrorist groups.

In June, Smadi told federal officials that he identified several potential targets in the Dallas area, but he later told agents that he had changed his mind.

A month later, officials said Smadi was driven to Fountain Place, a 60-floor glass building in downtown, by an undercover agent. Once there, he conducted his own reconnaissance of the building.

Smadi began to discuss the logistics and timing of the bombing in late August. He told agents that he would have preferred to carry out the attack on Sept. 11, but he decided against it.

Instead, he choose to wait until after the month of Ramadan, which ended on Sept. 20.

"The identification and apprehension of this defendant, who was acting alone, is a sobering reminder that there are people among us who want to do us grave harm," United State attorney James Jakes said.

If convicted of the charge, Smadi could face life in prison and a $250,000 fine.

2. Paul Revere

Paul Revere OT Supporter

people got arrested all over the country for suspected terrorist activty - dallas, quantico, denver, and i want to say new york.

trippy shit

3. Foolish

Foolish Well-Known Member

right after they decide to keep the patriot act around......

4. Paul Revere

Paul Revere OT Supporter

5. LancerV

LancerV Something Happened OT Supporter

6. ChipOnShoulder

ChipOnShoulder New Member

You mean the USAPATRIOTACT

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USA_PATRIOT_Act

I got approved for my Form 4 in a month, so i guess i'm golden with the G-man!

7. Crossett

Crossett New Member

8. mattsb2000

mattsb2000 OT Supporter

durka durka mohammed jihad

9. apman0000

apman0000 OT Supporter

what a shock it was a mid easterner. no reason to profile right? lol

i love getting searched like a prisoner getting on a plane, as if 30 something year old white males are crashing bunches of planes into buildings :(

10. 4W4K3

4W4K3 New Member

Lame! I would have been pissed if I got blown up.

In other news, the AA Center in Dallas removed their metal detectors and the door greeters no longer "wand" you. I could have carried, but I disarmed in the car beforehand because I assumed I would be searched as usual. I almost wanted to turn around and go back to the car, but I didn't.

11. fatmoocow

fatmoocow bored OT Supporter

solution inbound: attack Iran, renew patriot act

12. Paul Revere

Paul Revere OT Supporter

based on his speech at the UN Summit, you would think Benjamin Netanyahu is the leader of the free world and not Obama.

13. AVengeance

AVengeance Active Member

If our borders had been properly secured, this would have never happened. Way to keep the borders wide open!

On the other hand, it is nice that when the fed does a sting like this, they use pretend explosives instead of the real kind they sold to the WTC bombers.

14. amac88

amac88 New Member

This is why I hate Muslims. The whole religion is based on killing "in the name of allah" while claiming to be a religion of peace. Not saying that most other religions havent done the same at some point in history, but other shit that Muslims do just pisses me off, like how shitty they treat women.

15. Crossett

Crossett New Member

Every organized religion is retarded. You're just buying into the current propaganda that everyone is supposed to hate towelheads. Do you remember the 80's? Russia was at war with the Afgans, and the Mujahideen where our friends.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2009
  16. apman0000

apman0000 OT Supporter

the muslim religeon isn't based on killing if you read the quoran (i never spell that right lol) there are some parts that can give the perception that it supports violence, but so does the christian bible

it's extremists in every religeon that gives the bad reputations.

17. Paul Revere

Paul Revere OT Supporter

there is text in the qu'ran that describes how muslims must convert or kill non believers.

18. Crossett

Crossett New Member

there is text in the bible that says you should stone your unruly child to death, whats your point?

19. Paul Revere

Paul Revere OT Supporter

not getting into a christian vs. islam debate. ALL religions claim bullshit like that.

my point is that it DOES exist in each of their written texts.

20. Crossett

Crossett New Member

Great, and people use that fact to demonize an entire group of people because of our current political climate. Like the guy a couple posts up that said he hates muslims.

It makes me sick how the average american isn't able to think objectively about this shit.

21. apman0000

apman0000 OT Supporter

i'll quote myself because you replied as though i didn't address the existence of some violence but it exists in each religeon's playbook, doesn't make the religeon evil

read the old testiment before you post about the evil writtings of other religeons.
    neither book gives us the right to destroy others based on their religeous beliefs

22. Paul Revere

Paul Revere OT Supporter

when people start blowing up buildings claiming christian fundamentalism, i'll change my point of view.

23. apman0000

apman0000 OT Supporter

been plenty, look at ireland

24. Paul Revere

Paul Revere OT Supporter

you mean that literature where Mohammad beheaded about 500 men women and children because they would not convert? oh, cool deal.

25. Paul Revere

Paul Revere OT Supporter

christian v. christian violence :hsughno:

religion for that is a simplistic view of that whole situation. has MUCH more to do with the history of them and the British.