MMA Some bad news at my training camp

Discussion in 'OT Bar' started by Neal&Bob, Aug 10, 2007.

1. Neal&Bob

Neal&Bob New Member

I train at Ground Control in Baltimore MD.

http://www.groundcontrolbaltimore.com/

This past weekend our boxing instructor was shot and killed in a robbery attempt. Basically he was confronted by a couple armed men and tried to run. He was shot 2x in the head and died later in the hospital. Below is the article in the Baltimore Sun paper.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/local/baltimore_city/bal-md.ci.williams09aug09,0,4124535.story

He has over 80 boxing fights with about 4 loses. He was the most helpful guy and truely wanted to help people with their skills/training. I have only been working with him for about a month and a half, but he definitely left a lasting imprint with me. He will be missed. Such a waste of talent. Please put his family in your thoughts and prayers.

In other news we have Matt Serra coming to our camp the day of the next UFC. He is doing a training seminar for about 3 hours. Should be a good experience.

2. Sammo

Sammo New Member

Sorry to hear the bad news. Tell people about him so that his legacy carries on.

3. Neal&Bob

Neal&Bob New Member

Thanks. I didn't know him that well, but something like this really hits home. I don't encounter many of these situations where someone I know dies of a tragic event. Its does not feel the same as a relative dying.... just one of those things that isn't fair.

4. nwmrkt

nwmrkt New Member

sorry to hear, fuck people like that, they should disapeer off of the earth.

5. Placebo

Placebo New Member

That's terrible. Hope you aren't taking it too hard.

6. xrukus07x

xrukus07x Active Member

thats fucked up man. sorry to hear about that.