SRS Some Advice

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Spiritus, Apr 22, 2007.

1. Spiritus

Spiritus Active Member

OK. I am going to give you some good advice, if you follow it you will be successful in your endeavors. Listen to wisdom I've learned coming from a position like any persons, to a position that I am in (I cannot complain at all!).

Every day is like a small replica of your life. This is so utterly true.

If you spend all day in front of the computer, or whatever, the computer serves as a good example, but want to have other things, and enjoy real life... you are going to have to sacrifice some of that time. You have 12 hours in front of the computer, but even if you set aside 2-4 hours a day to personal improvement, you could have the life you dreamed of.

It is all about self discipline. Self discipline has a negative association with it, you may think of difficulty, sacrifice, etc. This is not the case. In fact, self discipline actually gives you exactly what you want, if you want it. Self discipline requires willpower.

You need to begin self improvement daily. Each and every seconds worth of energy you invest into yourself, is that much more you will gain out of life. If you neglect yourself, and dive into fantasy, it will become a continuous cycle of self neglect and fantasy - I've been there. Not fun.

So you have to actually exert effort. No one else is going to do it for you. The thing is, once you begin, it is not so hard after you start seeing results. It starts slowly but builds.

Remember that the more effort you are putting into yourself, puts you above everyone else who is neglecting themselves, and allows you to give more to other people. This means you can have successful relationships, if you so decide to take the time and effort required to earn them.

And it is very much worth it.

There are many worthwhile areas to invest your time into. One which I must recommend is the gym. It increases your energy levels, which means you will have more willpower, this is important. You will also begin to look much fitter, stronger, develop a leaner, sexier face. You will develop attractive arm muscles, and an improved body shape.

This is a fact. If you invest time into the gym, daily, you will have all of that. In time you will go above and beyond the people around you, and be seen as the 'hot' one, since you have so much invested in you.

Remember that every day is a replica of your entire life. So making it a routine is a must.

If you address your fitness, it would be wise to start trying to define your personality too. If you spend one hour at the gym every two days, that is only taking one hour out of twelve sat in front of the computer, yet the results in time will be great.

Now, unto defining yourself. You and everyone who will enter into this advice (and others) will strive for their best, and those who plant good seeds will be able to reap from what they sow. Those who plant bad seeds will reap little, or nothing.

You may enjoy the computer. But it does not make you happy.

Stop trying to make yourself happy. You are too smart to make yourself happy, I am serious. You can only make yourself happy by making others happy. And they will make you happy, because your presence will be a joy.

Aim to please people. This does not happen overnight.

Imagine a master pianist, playing some beautiful Mozart.

All of the sudden a woman comes up to him after the show has ended and exclaims that she would do anything to play as well as this man did. He really did a wonderful job, a masterful job on the piece and the woman was in awe at his ability for him to perform it. The main laughed and replied to the woman... "No you wouldn't." And it is true, the woman would not.

The woman had no idea how much self discipline was required to pull off what the pianist had played. He practiced every day for hours, and made it a part of his life... every day of practicing was a replica of his life... over time he becomes an expert, renown by millions at his fantastic ability... however it is always earned through practical application.

Cliff notes:

We avoid reality. Reality is our current situation. The one who works to change his or her reality is wise.

We need to change our daily routine in order to change our entire lives. 1 hour every second day at the gym will completely change how you look. That is 7 hours every two weeks! That is nothing. I try to do about 2 hours every second day, it is refreshing and makes life such an easy ride.

Self discipline. x100. Willpower. It comes from within, no one else can do it for you.

Invest in self profiting behaviors, yet strive to make others happy. You will become happy.

Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.

-

I hope some people here live the lesson. ;) Your life will become gold.

This is only one of many lessons in life. There is also the Law of Attraction, the Law of Karma, gnostic teachings, the Tao and other philosophies you can use in your life to completely change it for the better, so that you may live a peaceful, beautiful life, not having to worry about money, love, or health... for as long as one can hope.

:wiggle: Have a good one.

2. weolracso

weolracso OT Supporter

Thanks. I find alot of truth in this stuff.

3. chucklenut

chucklenut New Member

I don't want to be mean but there's no other way to say this but be mean.

Your advice stinks.

4. Spiritus

Spiritus Active Member

Care to point out the defects instead of slandering the whole piece, please. I aim to please, if you make a good point on parts that that are bad I can edit them out... thanks

5. Spiritus

Spiritus Active Member

Np. :bigthumb:

6. Laserbeak

Laserbeak Remember kids! Be like Billy! BEHAVE YOURSELVES!

I'm sorry, there's several areas in here that I must protest on:

Routines are good, but don't become so obsessed with them that you forget about the lurking variables/X-factors that come out of the blue in life. Look forward when driving, but make sure you check your mirrors and blind spots before you lane change, otherwise you may have quite a nasty surprise that only you were responsible for.

In a nutshell, don't do anything to others that you wouldn't mind having come back to you somewhere down the road; Karma and the Golden Rule squashed into a few words.

While this is ideal if you're single/dating and have no responsibilities outside of yourself, the rent, and your car payment, this isn't exactly feasible for those of us that work full-time (read: 40 hours+ per week) and/or have families to support; simply put, they don't have that luxury. You don't have to be a fitness expert, but if you can at least cut all the junk out of your diet (read: excessively going out and eating too many processed meals), and even then if you can only get out once or twice a week, at least do something that keeps you coming back and motivates you to improve. The more encouraged you are, the more likely you'll come back. Working out all the time and downing high-calorie, sugar, and fat lattes, donuts, and muffins instead of a balanced breakfast, and then fast food for lunch becomes counter-productive rather quickly.

I disagree. You need to first find for yourself what you consider to be a healthy balance of taking care of yourself equally instead of blindly putting all your resources into making others happy. In my experience, it's easier for humans to gravitate to either extreme of this scale, and it results in either overly selfish people, or altruistic people that have terrible personal lives that are caused by neglecting their own needs because they've grown obsessed with how others view them, and their happiness is directly correlated to other people's opinions of them. Look at the masks we as a whole wear on a daily basis, since it's common sense IMHO that people often fear to varying degrees what others think of them if they were to show their true colors. Fear of rejection and abandonment, if you will.

Yes, it is a great feeling to make others happy, but if you abandon all your needs for the sake of satisfying the needs of others, it screams that either one has codependency issues or a Superman complex. While I'm no Psychology Ph.D, I stand by this belief.

For the most part, life is what you make of it; you get out what you put into it. To find at least some some sense of satisfaction and purpose, you need to first have something, in your eyes, is worth aiming for before talking about sacrifice or self-discipline. All action and no vision will do nothing but make one drift aimlessly through life.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2007