Some advice for the hypoglycemic

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by servatusprime, Oct 5, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. servatusprime

servatusprime New Member

Hey I need a little bit of help on a game plan. I’m currently trying to gain more muscle and look damn good. I’m also trying to do this as naturally as possible. The only supplement I take other than my daily vitamin is ON’s Natural 100% Whey Gold Standard. I’m thinking that if I have a great diet I can stay lean and gain muscle at the same time. The big problem I have is that I’m pretty hypoglycemic. (Too much insulin in my blood) Any ideas would be great. Thanks.

2. LancerV

LancerV Something Happened OT Supporter

Be smart to ask a Nurtionist/Doctor

3. MaineSucks

MaineSucks OT Supporter

yup... this is definetely something you should talking to a doctor about

4. Steve325

Steve325 Guest

I used to go hypo a lot, it's mainly after sugary drinks or caffinated products. I've had this problem since I was about 12 and nearly passed out from it once. Ever since I've starting eating more and working out, the problem has practically diminished.

5. servatusprime

servatusprime New Member

Yes I've noticed that myself lately. Eating more and making damn sure I get plenty of sleep helps. Still have problems with it though. I'm just trying to think of some more natural ways other than using a regimen of a lot of supplements. I've tried doing some searches for it but I usually just get dieting, herbal medicine or other hippie stuff.

6. bigdamray

bigdamray New Member

Should probably be on a high fat, high protein, low glycemic carb diet. Maybe go see a holistic doctor.

7. xela

xela So say we all!

I'm hypo too and ever since I started watching my diet and eating every 2/3 hours I rarely have a problem. I used to faint ALL the time. :mamoru:

8. servatusprime

servatusprime New Member

Hmmmm. Thanks everyone this is helpful. I think I just need to overall eat more food and eat more frequently. Just kinda destroys my lunch break though if I spread it out over the day. I do have an appointment to see a doctor soon anyways, but its hard finding one that knows enough helpful information about adding muscle, looking lean and mean, while monkeying around with hypoglycemia.

9. Sgt. Ownage

Sgt. Ownage you gon' be just fiiiine

i have hypoglycemia...main thing i would say is if youre bulking (i think you are) just dont eat a bunch of simple carbs and dont have really carb heavy meals...and stop drinking gatorade if you do

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.