Sold my MBP, still under warranty and the buyer needs a repair v what to do

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by manchild, Sep 3, 2009.

1. manchild

manchild OT Supporter

I sold my MBP on eBay about two months ago. The buyer just emailed me saying that the computer has been lagging hard core and now won't even power on.

It's under warranty until November 2009, my question is do I have to set up the repair and just use her address or can she call it in herself? If she calls in herself is there anythig special she had to say or can she just say she bought it from me and it's still under warranty.

2. Pepe

Pepe New Member

no, they just need to register it on the apple website under their info with the serial number. the rest goes through them. warranties stick with the product and not the person.

3. pbcustom98

pbcustom98 New Member

if she changes the warranty into her name, she should be on file as owner..she can give apple a call to set everything in motion

4. TheWeasel

TheWeasel Guest

You're talking the factory warranty not AppleCare right? There's a form you have to fill out, sign and fax to Apple to transfer AppleCare.

5. Pepe

Pepe New Member

^i was told otherwise when i called applecare, you CAN do this, but as long as they transfer the serial to their information, applecare goes with it.

6. TheWeasel

TheWeasel Guest

I'd definitely transfer it using the form. I'd had a little bit of a problem sending in a machine when AppleCare was in my boss' name. Other problem is that they generally call the phone number that AppleCare is registered to when they are done with repairs. Just easier to transfer everything then to relay messages for some guy you sold the machine to a year ago.