Solaris CDR reading problem - attn crontab

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Mikey D, Aug 23, 2006.

1. Mikey D

Mikey D New Member

I've been trying to build an ISO for some software loading for our SA's and I'm running into some problems.

Everytime I load up the disc in a Solaris (SPARC) system the directories and file names all show up lower case, they lose their case for some reason in the processs. However if I load the disc in Windows or mount the ISO via daemon tools the case shows up correctly.

I figured this has to be something with the format I'm using for the ISO but i've played with the different formats and haven't come up with anything.

For reference I've tried ISO9660, ISO9960:1999, UDF, ISO9660 with Rock Ridge and also tried Joliet.

Any ideas.. i'll try them at this point I'm pretty fustrated.

2. crontab

crontab (uid = 0)

The format you want to use is rock ridge. Another group ran into this exact same issue years ago and I wrote some batch scripts that called a few dos utils, which actually built rock ridge format iso's properly. All the popular programs never created RR iso's properly.

I'm off until Monday, but when I get back, I'll search my archives for the utils and post them.

I would post what tools I used, but I have no idea what they are called now. Way too long ago. I'm pretty sure one of them was called [FONT=verdana, arial, geneva, sans-serif][SIZE=-1]mkisofs. But I would assume by now there is a nice piece of frontended software that can do this. Focus on rock ridge.
    [/SIZE][/FONT]

3. Mikey D

Mikey D New Member

Alright i'll see if I can get some new stuff with Rock Ridge support, thanks!

4. crontab

crontab (uid = 0)

Proper rock ridge support, which just means trial and error unfortunately.

5. Mikey D

Mikey D New Member

Finally got this working just using my ultra 60.

Ended up just doing:

mkisofs -R -o example.iso /tmp/example | cdrw -C -i example.iso

One thing about the disc that kind of bugs me is when you view the contents of the disc it shows the rr_moved directory for Rock Ridge support I know their is a flag to hide it but from what i read it only moves it to a .rr_moved which would show up with a ls -al of course. I think using the -D flag will do that but after a bunch of CD I didn't feel like experimenting with anymore since the ones I have work now.

6. crontab

crontab (uid = 0)

Glad you figured this out. I forgot about this when i got back... Love getting slammed with work/emails/pages the second the day after a vacation starts, regardless if I am at work or not...