GUN Soft or hard case for AR

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Didact, Feb 11, 2008.

1. Didact

Didact I have no idea what I'm doing

Case for AR? Without spending 150+ bux?

Yeah I need one. It's bad enough all my neighbors think I'm a cult member/militia/Columbine/Mil/LE.... Going to the range and packing my trunk is begining to cause alarm. :rofl:

It's amazing how nice people are to you in conversation after they pass you with a hard rifle case (walmart special in the rough outline of a rifle) and a range bag.

Combine that with the fact that 4 of the families adjacent to my appartment are from the Middle East and half the extras from Training Day live above me... People love me here. :hsugh:

2. more off

more off Moderator

i try to load my stuff up in the garage, dont want people knowing what i have or making my house a target to steal my guns.

3. Didact

I know, I move outta here in less than 2 months then depending on my job interview this week I'll have a house or move to AL.

I try to load up my car while everyone is at work but it just doesn't work that way in a budy appartment complex

4. Pineapple Devil

Pineapple Devil beat it!

hard case

if youre looking for something cheap, kmart and sportsmans both have a 2 rifle hard case for like $20-$25

5. Cannondale

Cannondale OT Supporter

You think you have it bad, I live right across the street from a middle school, and a public tennis court.

6. more off

more off Moderator

i want to get a pistol case that will hold two laptops securely, an ibook and an inspiron 6000 :o

7. Soybomb

Soybomb New Member

8. Didact

hmmm Ya know for that price, I'd even consider it. I've gotten some great stuff from cheaperthandirt, and on the othe hand I've gotten some WTF too.

Hmm let me look into it

9. [DWI]

[DWI] Master of Nothing

For the AR I'd probably get a hard case.

What are size gun muzzle to stock are we talking?

I'm thinking of picking one of these up.

http://www.samsclub.com/shopping/navigate.do?dest=5&item=370058

I don't have a case for every gun I own, I have a few soft and a few hard, the hard come in handy when traveling for securely encased.

At least you have cases for yours when you run into the neighbors. When I first moved in I was a little iffy about what they would think, I've seen one with a shotgun case and the across the street hunts, that only leaves the one on the other side's position on guns unknown.

I occasionally when loading don't feel like taking a case for a gun (range is in BFE so it doesn't matter) Its gotta be a fun sight to see me waking to the truck with a rifle case in each hand and a Mosin on its sling behind my shoulder.

10. minus

minus Damn you, Damn the Broccoli, and Damn the Wright B

I have an uncle mikes soft tac case.

11. Soybomb

Soybomb New Member

12. mattsb2000

mattsb2000 OT Supporter

:rofl:

I live across from a school too.

13. Didact

I just ordered that soft case from Cheaperthandirt. I'll post pics when it gets here later this week.

Ah, only $50 so I didn't feel too bad.

14. Sardaukar

Sardaukar Active Member

I've heard from several people that this case actually is good for the price. I'm still debating whether to buy this one or a drag bag that can hold more than one rifle.

15. vwpilot

vwpilot New Member

For a good discreet bag that can actually hold more than one rifle, check out the Tac-Force bags. www.tac-force.com

Their TTS line is a really nice system. http://www.tac-force.com/guncasesTTS.html

I have one of their bags and its GREAT. You can get them for about $65-$75 or so. You have one main pocket and then a smaller outside one. I carry my 20" barrel precision AR in the main pocket and can carry my 16" middy in the smaller outside pocket. If you dont use the second pocket for a rifle, it somes with three mag pouches that velcro in there or you can get other attachments for inside it. On the outside, just a square bag.

I got mine from Impact guns, but you can find them other places as well.

16. AB13

AB13 New Member

It's been some time, but a nifty idea I've seen done for AR's is using a "customized" tool box. And by "customize" I think all they did was cut out some foam pieces to fit the upper and lower seperately.

Not only does it protect very well and is very cost effective, it can be locked up and is very discreet.

They seperated the upper and lower for it to fit in the tool box. I saw it on AR15 maybe 6-8 years ago. I forget when exactly.

17. Initial E

Initial E New Member

I have a soft case and it does me justice. Some of my friends have no clue I even own any type of firearms. I had my case in my trunk one time when I stopped by one of my buddies house, and he thought it was my guitar gig bag. LOL

If you want a cheap case. Bushmaster sells their hard case for like 18 bux or something. I've seen comparable ones at Dick's for like 50 bux looks to be ok

http://www.bushmaster.com/catalog_bm_gear.asp#10483

18. Willie J

Willie J New Member

i bought a 32" blackhawk discreet case for my ar15 and i love it. looks like a keyboard bag so when i carry in and out of my apartment it doesnt attract attention

19. Willie J

Willie J New Member

pics...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

20. SS109

SS109 3100 FPS OT Supporter

I prefer the soft cases. I don't see any damage & they are more easy to fit in the car.

21. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I prefer soft cases, only things that go in a hardcase have an optic or I dont have a soft case long enough for it :o I have a few of the "assault" style cases with outside pockets that I prefer for most things, 2 cases similar to willies above, and a nike tennis racket case for my underfolder.

22. Alphaeus

Alphaeus New Member

:bowrofl:

23. crazynova

crazynova OT Supporter

That would suck. I live about 100 yds, but it takes a few turns to get there. If someone is seen outside a school with a gun here, the school is put on lockdown and police are called. Pretty gay.

24. shagwag3n

shagwag3n New Member

i believe that's the same bag i have except mines black. got it when i bought my ar used, great bag really as far as i'm concerned.

25. Didact

Cool -- hopefully it'll be in before the end of the week.

I'll be sure to post pics