soda spill

Discussion in 'That'll Buff Right Out' started by chojin, May 19, 2003.

1. chojin

chojin You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance

Spilled soda on the carpet a few days ago(Wednesday). It's Sunkist orange soda btw. It was late at night, so the next day I went to a popular detailer in my area and had the interior vacuumed and shampooed. Well, the stains remained. They said they would shampoo it again but that the stains wouldn't come out. Will Meguiars stain remover or that 6/7 water, 1/7 woolite mixture take it out? Do I need something stronger?

2. Jackhole

Jackhole New Member

I would try the Woolite/Water mixture, I don't know how much luck you're going to have, though. Typically professional detailers use a shampooing machine, which should yeild better results than you doing it by hand then vacuuming it up.

3. Buck-O

Buck-O Guest

If all else fails...try some oxyclean...its worked on soke coke stains in a friends car...but that red #6 in orange pop, its a toughy.

4. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

You can use amonia and water (about 50/50) and then use an iron to try and steam it out. If that doesn't work, only scissors will.

Any drink with a dye in it (like red and orange drinks) normally will dye the carpet, leaving a permanent stain unless you wipe it up immediately.

5. chojin

chojin You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance

Where can I buy oxyclean and amonia? Rite Aid, Sav On, or Costco? I'm going to try all these tomorrow. If none works, what about gray dye?

6. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

Most grocery stores carry both products.

You'd probably have to go to an automotive upholstry shop to get a properly matching dye.