SRS Socially Bankrupt

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by oatmeal, Oct 19, 2007.

1. oatmeal

oatmeal New Member

Socially bankrupt is how I would describe my current situation. I am wealthy in all other areas of my life, but I have become socially retarded. I’m not sure what went wrong or how I have come to making acquaintances and not friends. I have tried not to blame others for my misfortune, but it seems so much easier to lick my wounds and project the pain elsewhere.

Now they say one finds flaws in other because those are the flaws we hate about ourselves. Is this true? I think it is, but I wish not to believe that I can’t stand some people simply because they harbor the same flaws as I.

When I meet people I have a tendency to place them at a distance while still giving them a chance to prove their worth… but… I am no king; so who am I to judge?!

Sincerely looking for advice…

2. busydoingnothing

busydoingnothing A broken man too tough to cry

I tend to believe we hate others (or hate in others) what we really hate about ourselves. For example, I tend to hate on generic douchebag guys because I hate the fact that I cannot get women like them. I dislike people who have similar talents as me when I see they are actually doing something with them because I hate the fact that I'm not out there doing what they're doing.

I'm totally with you on the socially bankrupt thing (great term, by the way). I'm the same exact way, man. :sadwavey: