SRS Social Phobia/ Anxiety

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Sotangledup, May 7, 2006.

1. Sotangledup

Sotangledup Guest

This might be a repost but does anyone here have it?
    I've had it all my life and so do my parents (although it's hard for them to admit it to themselves)

I also have depression. I tried CBT and it didn't work for me.
    I was put on lexapro,celexa and abilify for it. The SSRI's proved worhless.
    The ablify changed my life since it lifted my deppression and it took the laziness that came with the deppression.
    Yet I'm still very quiet,shy and terrified of social interaction.

I've been begging my psychiatrist to put me on klonopin but she refuses to.
    I understand they are addictive but I am willing to try benzos since they seem to be the only thing that works for anxiety.

What are people here taking? Anyone in theraphy? Did anyone beat SA?:sadwavey:

ps. I also wanted to say sometimes the SA is so bad that I'm scared of reading e-mails and even seeing replies to my posts on this forum. It sounds silly but that's how anxious I can get.

2. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

When you walk thru the city, people pass you by, and you pass them by. Ask yourself, do i think about each and every person that walks by. Chances are that they aren't thinking about you either. And what if they think about you? So what?

If you love ,believe and support yourself, you do not need ANYONE's justification for who you are. You will be your own judge jury and executor, and why be afraid of people's opinions?

There are 6 billion people on this earth, they all think different about you, you cannot possibly satisfy them all, then why waste your effort into being afraid and satisfying them?

People here don't take anything but their lives back into their own hands, they are their own judge and don't give a fuck about what others think of them. Thats at least what they should do.

We don't look at life that way , for fear = imprisonment.

Imagine yourself in a room with a door in it, imagine you are afraid to go thru that door because you do not know what lies behind it. Then that room becomes a prison, even tho it has a door in it.

All the doors in your life are open, however you are in a complete state of fear which unables you to move. What is needed in life is not fear, nothing can grow from that ,Cast off your fear!Look forward!Go forward!
    Never stand still. Retreat and you will age. Hesitate and you will die.

3. pinklemonade

pinklemonade New Member

I think everyone can relate to that because people get anxious like that around their crushes.

Like sometimes when I get a text msg from mine i get a butterfly.

Its true I think having too much social phobia can make you go insane cause you get lonely.

Right now I sometimes visualize and say the feelings I will express to my crush in my mind but its bad cause the visualizing wont stop until I actually get it out.

4. Clix

Clix New Member

5. machibear

machibear New Member

I think you will grow out of this with a bit of help from your loved ones. I agree completely with DE in all aspects of the post.