Social dynamics at a party w/ a big mouth

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by JohnJohnJohnson, Jan 30, 2007.

1. JohnJohnJohnson

JohnJohnJohnson Effetely Sipping My Latte OT Supporter

This was about two or three weeks ago... fuck dates, my memory is terrible for details.

Every year I visit my friend at his university around this time.

Now I had not gotten drunk in months, so I decided that my annual visit would be the perfect chance to remedy that with a lot of beers. I was not going to do any gaming or any shit like that - just have a fun time and be uninhibited.

As people who know me here are aware, I see social interactions in a certain way. Like the way people behave appears to me as this flow of subconscious goals, facilitated by a bunch of little mechanisms they use to get where they want to go.

Normally, I am concerned about my own little mechanisms and how I can get what I want from an interaction. But this was a fun night out, so none of that.

Or so I thought. By the time I got drunk, I was still seeing the social fabric in that way that I do (can't do anything about it), but for some reason my drunk ass felt the urge to comment. Like everything I saw, I had to speak.

I was sitting on a couch with two girls (not attractive) and just trying to be friendly and start a conversation. They were not interested so I sat back. I was not offended or anything because I was just kind of buzzing from the alcohol. Then I noticed something.

"There's sexual tension between you two girls," I found myself saying... out loud. :squint: It was true. There was.

"No there isn't!" said one of the girls. "Trust me," she said a little nervously, which was as bullshit as it sounds. Trust me?? lol. Someone else must have pointed the same thing out. Anyways I noticed what she was doing (in my own way) and of course found myself saying it out loud.

"Ok," I said. "By saying that there is no sexual tension, you create a barrier between the two of you, against which the sexual tension will increase until it reaches a breaking point." :rofl: Like part of me is a little embarrassed that I said all this shit but also it was really a little satisfying.

Then they left the room. Probably to go fuck. lol.

So after this conversation I was sitting on the couch again. And then I look over at a table with two girls and a guy. I drift to their table and sit down a little bit dramatically and eye them for a moment, making the girl to my right giggle. I ask the guy, "How long have you known these two girls?"

"We just met two hours ago," he says awkwardly.

"Yeah," I said. "Yeah cause you are really invested in learning more about these two." I pointed to the girls without looking at them... then I noticed something else, about the girl to my right, and my mouth opened again.

"And," I continued, "I am too socially awkward to capitalize on the mild attraction that this girl here has towards me." I smiled. The girl across the table covered her mouth with her hand. The girl next to me blushed a little. Then I said, "Proving my point, I'm going to leave now." :rofl:

Ironically, saying all of this shit actually made me more attractive to them because they perceived it as some variety of confidence/savvy. Oh well. Another weird day in the life of j.

2. JohnJohnJohnson

THAT NIGht there was also a fucking bizarre interaction I had involving alpha-male social tactics which I will write up latr if I get around to it.

3. Tiberium

Tiberium Active Member

:rofl: That's great...

4. Socrates

Socrates New Member

Man, you were being one weird guy that night.

I would have taken you into another room and been like "Man, what the hell are you doing."

Are you sure it was attraction they were feeling towards you? :x:

5. huntz0r

huntz0r New Member

Haha, John, it seems we have a lot in common.

6. JohnJohnJohnson

That's how it works... break a social rule intentionally enough and people enjoy it.

7. Bush77

Bush77 New Member

creeper

8. xinster

xinster New Member

that's weird, but it was a funny read

9. Jimeigh

Jimeigh Every rook and jay in the corvidae have been raven

JJ you might be my new favorite OTer

seriously, that's fucking awesome.

10. Gli

Gli i can has fast duck?

:rofl: WHAT THE SHIT? props for being awkward and confident!

11. bandwagon

bandwagon Copy/Paste

Might work in some situations, but in my experience you will get blown out of a lot of situatuions. Its called 'verbalizing the matrix'. Forget talking about it and just USE it to your advantage.

12. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

omg that is the best line I've ever heard. :rofl:

::writes down line in notebook::

13. razi

razi New Member

awesome story, man.

14. busydoingnothing

busydoingnothing A broken man too tough to cry

That's awesome man. I'm jealous :hs:

15. ballerman230

ballerman230 just a pale blue dot

hahahah :bigthumb: I love doing shit like that at parties. I spend most of my free time reading philosophy and political science, and when I get drunk this massive vocabulary (that I don't use when sober except when writing papers) just comes out, but not the ideas, so I just blab about the awkward interactions I see around me.

16. BlackIce72

BlackIce72 New Member

Wow, really awkward.

I thought I was going to come in here and read a field report from someone using RSD. Instead it was just drunk talk.

Unless you seal the deal, it's all mental masturbation.

17. Socrates

Socrates New Member

So that's how it works!

18. Pringles

Pringles New Member

I've actually read a lot about you and this is one of the things I enjoy doing too. I love breaking social norms especially under drinking conditions because then you can just bullshit and say you were drunk or you can say you werent. But either way it's awesome to fuck with peoples minds and everyone just seems to sit there captivated like your some god. Fuck shit :bigthumb:

19. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

Define RSD.

20. JohnJohnJohnson

Ha ha ... sounds like you were looking for something inspirational. Sorry to disappoint! This was just about a funny encounter... now let us all take a deep breath :p

Falconer, RSD is real social dynamics. I believe that RSD is Tyler Durden's organization?