Social Conditioning & Do girls Like when guys approach?

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by Chip Chipperson, Jul 1, 2007.

1. Chip Chipperson

Chip Chipperson New Member

As usual, this started as a response to another post (that's why it is directly addressed) and grew out of it... hope some of you guys can get some benefit out of it

it's not my fault that you've never been approached competently by a guy. If a guy approaches you and the only thought you have the whole time in your interaction is "this guy wants to fuck me" then, 1) the guy sucks at approaching girls (this is most probably the case) 2) you have low self esteem or 3) a combination. I don't think ever in all of history has a woman been creeped out all the way into the sack. If the only guys who ever approach you are CREEPY and you have never been approached by a guy who just knew how to have fun, then that is YOUR problem. Or perhaps you are protecting your own ego and not noticing all the times when cool guys came and talked to you while just being social and you failed to keep them interested and they left. I don't know, I don't know you. but I can guarantee you and I will put everything that I own on the fact that any woman who is not a social retard will ENJOY a cool non-needy guy coming and adding value to her life.

It's not my problem, nor anyone else's on OT, that you've never had a fun cool guy approach you and add enjoyment to your life, whether or not you went on to begin a platonic or sexual relationship with him. And it is exactly this sort of ridiculous feminist low self esteem ugly ass lame girl emotional bullshit that is pushed and barrelled through all of society that even CREATES a need for a place like the VAG in the first place, because all the guys out there who didn't grow up comfortably around women from a young age and learn from chlidhood that yeah, women in fact do like guys, they do like sex, they do like having fun, have no idea how to even START a conversation with a woman without shitting their pants because 99% of the time that they ever overhear girls having converstion, the conversations consist entirely of "oh man this guy was so creepy, god i HATE when guys approach me god i just want to DANCE i just want to HAVE FUN WITH MY FRIENDS, guys are SO LAME" in order to boost their own egos because they can't develop a deep sense of identity based on their own accomplishments and sense of self and instead must brag to their friends (much like guys do about how they fucked xyz girl or beat the shit out zyx guy) about how they are hot! i'm so hot that guys approach me! AND I'M HOT ENOUGH TO REJECT THEM TOO, GUYS ONLY WANT SEX! I HAVE MORE SEXUAL POWER THAN GUYS, AND THAT SHIT IS OFF THE HEEZY.

it's that kind of empty, ego-preserving bullshit perpetrated by girls because it would be absolutely crushing to their social position to actually ADMIT that they like when cool guys have fun with them, cool guys hit on them, because social conditioning says that girls aren't supposed to like sex! girls aren't supposed to be sexual. And to an extent it's not the girls' fault that if they are honest about their sexuality that that would be damaging to their social relationships, but at the same time trying to perpetrate the absolute FALLACY that ANYONE, man, woman, child, stephen hawking doesn't like when a cool fun guy comes along and adds some value to your life, that you could EVER not like it.

You are not only absolutely 100% stuck with your head deep inside your colon but you are making it worse for guys EVERYWHERE when you say this kind of bullshit. There are awesome ass mother fucking guys out there who are way too nervous to talk to girls because they are too afraid to interrupt girls' conversation or a night out in a CLUB, because they are fed the FALLACY that women do not like being approached by guys. BULL FUCKING SHIT. Women don't like being creeped out by dudes who have to get 10 drinks in them before they can build the courage to talk to a girl, then lean in and grope them and make them uncomfortable around their friends and completely ignore the peer group and make it absolutely obvious that they are interested in nothing but sex and only want to take take take value and have nothing, not even a genuine non-needy compliment, to offer. THAT is what creeps girls out and what makes girls think the guy is only trying to have sex with her. Not cool fun guys who know how to approach competently and aren't needy for sex

2. Jalones

Jalones New Member

I agree. The entire relationship game is in the hands of women. All they have to do is smile at a man across the room and thats usually enough to get him over to her.

If guys are creepy, then send them away, just be cautious when someone is nervous a fuck (someone like me) or just fuckin weird. Either way, him even coming is a compliment, so being an asshole is mean, just strongly saying no is good ;p.

3. Kalypso

Kalypso New Member

I still think it's fucking stupid that 90% of women who complain about never meeting a good man refuse to approach guys, and just expect everything handed to them on a silver platter.

Putting yourself in a situation where a guy can make a move is NOT the same thing as making a fucking move. I hear this all the time "But I took him to a secluded place, why didn't he do X, I wanted him too, blahblah." Here's a question for you, if you wanted to do something why didn't you do it? Why is the guy accountable? Make the fucking move yourself. If you don't, you're no better than every last one of the guys you do despise for not making the move, because by the same token you didn't make the move on any of them.

A girl that has the balls to make real strides towards me has my absolute, 100% attention. I'm not necessarily going to express that physically, because people hate it, but that interests me quite a bit, and you have a much, much better shot than if I needed to come to you.

Think of it this way, I'm in a club, there are 30 women in the room. Roughly 10 I have a shot at and want to approach, roughly 10 are either out of my league or think they are so I don't want to waste my time, and roughly 10 aren't good enough looking to garner my attention. Think nothing of these numbers, they are simply random for purpose of example. Currently, I have 30 women, ranked by appearance. But they are all just random bitches at a bar, besides looks I have no reason to approach any of them. You approach me, you are automatically above all the other women in the bar, at least for a short period of time, unless you're elephant man ugly.

Women, you can make a move too. Men have to put up with repeated instances of being shot down, you can probably put up with it too. If you can't, don't preach equality <3

4. lauren

lauren Active Member

that's fine and all, but definitions of cool and fun vary. your brand of awesome might not work on 90% of the girls out there. or alternately, 90% of guys have a different idea of cool and fun than me.

5 guys, five different approaches, and they could all be the wrong kind for that girl. doesn't mean theres anything wrong with either parties, or that either one is perpetuating a fallacy, it just means they are different.

different is ok, ya know.

so how do you characterize a cool, non-needy guy who adds value to our lives?

because most girls aren't initially interested based on appearance alone. they walk into a bar, and there are 30 guys. that's it. they aren't divvied up into groups of hotness. they are just guys in a bar, that until there is something to make one stand out, they all blend in. they aren't going to approach someone that they don't notice, and getting them to notice you, is a form of approach, and possible rejection.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2007
  5. Chip Chipperson

i believe that the man is responsible for the approach but i'd rather keep that topic in another thread that you make if you want to

6. Kalypso

Kalypso New Member

That's exactly how it is for me. All the girls just blend together. Why would you think it's different for men? My example was from a neuter standpoint of someone who ranks based on attraction, if you're going to tell me women don't rate based on attraction I'm calling bullshit. Personally, I don't care what a woman looks like for the most part, I'm much more interested in personality, looks only matter if you clearly don't make the slightest effort to look attractive.
    I'll make this the last post on the subject, but I don't really see any reason not to discuss it here, it directly relates to the topic of discussion.

7. lauren

lauren Active Member

:dunno: all the other threads in the vag that start out "i walked in, and there was this HB8" ......

funny you should mention personality. i got a lot more interest when i told guys i was business or journalism than when i told them i was mechanical engineering.....which was always my biggest conversation stopper.

8. Kalypso

Kalypso New Member

Almost everything about me in terms of dating is the antithesis of the average American guy, be that a good or a bad thing. If I asked a girl what she did and she said 'Business' it'd be a turn-off. No one is in 'business,' that pretty much means you don't have a specific job. At the very least, specify what kind of business. Mechanical Engineering I'd find much more interesting.

9. Franco

Franco New Member

Do girls like guys approach? Hell yes. if they claim they dont, it is only a defense mechanism kicking in to claim the guy was horrid and approach bad, because the guy was not cool enough or did not fulfil the approach by ending up in the sack with the girl. They want sex. An approach which does not eventually end up sexing is not an approach but having fun. And what is more fun, sex or "having fun"? Girls can have fun with their girlfriends and such. If you approach, make sure it is a damn good approach and not jus like "hey how you doin wanna have some fun, lets dance, ok kthxye" - waste of girls time.

10. Kalypso

Kalypso New Member

I'm pretty sure that was English...

11. FredBull

FredBull *******

####___####___####___###_ #_______#__#___#_______#
    so what exactly are you trying to say?!

my best pick-up line is "hello"

12. Franco

Franco New Member

It is. :ugh:

13. Yail Bloor

Yail Bloor OT Supporter

Wrong.

The average man is terrified of approaching.

It just isn't a possiblity for him. No matter how overt the woman's interest, he still wants the "smoking gun" that proves she wants him.

Women have the power with ordinary men who are unable to differentiate themselves from all the other men.

A superior man who understands attraction and understand how to stand out, he has his pick of women, and this type of man is more rare than a hot chick. He can replace her more easily than she can replace him.

Your belief system is skewed by your social conditioning.

Men are expected to approach in general, because masculinity is associated with aggressiveness (approaching), and feminity is associated with passiveness (waiting to be approached).

Also, if they have to lay back and wait to be approached, but we get to choose who we approach, then who is actually doing the selecting? Granted she can still turn us down, but if we are constantly doing our self-improvement and differentiating ourselves from other men, this means she is actually losing out, as the next 9 men who approach most likely will not be of our caliber.

As a man, you would be direct in that situation.

Women are not direct 99% of the time with men in these situations. The woman is going to make an excuse. I've seen it hundreds of times.

14. Chip Chipperson

there are a few top guys who can choose among almost all girls, then there's all non-deformed looking girls who have their choice among almost all the remaining guys, and then there's the rest of the guys who have to choose between ugly chicks or once in a while they get lucky and attract one of the girls in the previous group

15. Bigsnake

Bigsnake OT Supporter

What is consider a creepy approach? Assuming any situation here (bar, school, class, library, mall, bookstore, etc.) What not to do?

16. huntz0r

huntz0r New Member

I think there's a couple levels... the obvious downright creepy behavior being touching her, crowding her space, staring at things other than her face, and talking directly about sex. That is, directly assaulting her comfort zone. Then the other level is just things that typical awkward, hesitant, lacking-in-confidence but "nice" guys do... excessive compliments, waiting minutes to approach after eye contact, being apologetic and timid. Basically being tense around other people which in turn makes them tense around you and kills any chance of a positive interaction.

The pisser is that the second set of behaviors is indicative of guys who are totally harmless, but that stuff is more repulsive to women than the first set of behaviors which is indicative of a possibly dangerous scumbag. (But we already know that women will usually go for a negative challenge before they go for an anti-challenge.)

17. Kalypso

Kalypso New Member

Anything you need to know about dating you can learn from Rocky Horror Picture Show

18. Kalypso

Kalypso New Member

I hate people in general
    Your logic is astounding.
    Fallacious. Women don't get approached by fat guys all day.

19. JohnJohnJohnson

JohnJohnJohnson Effetely Sipping My Latte OT Supporter

I'm not connecting the dots. Maybe you can help me out.

Jkidd points out that women like it when cool guys approach them.

= hatred

:confused:

20. Kalypso

Kalypso New Member

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Can anyone else see where this conversation is going to go?

21. JohnJohnJohnson

JohnJohnJohnson Effetely Sipping My Latte OT Supporter

Joke? That is absolute bullshit. You can be nice and get laid, you can be a jerk and get laid... not what it's about

22. Kalypso

Kalypso New Member

Dude, it's true. Before you start your sexist rant, it's true about men too, and he says this. Most bad shit you'd say about one sex is true for the other, and people in general

>.>

23. Kalypso

Kalypso New Member

THIS DOES NOT HAPPEN TO WOMEN

24. Kalypso

Kalypso New Member

You honestly think women just get approached by stalker/rapist/creepy people ALL day long? Dude that's horse shit, they're for the most part approached by guys they'd go out with/spend time with, but turn down because they think they can do better in the immediate future/vicinity. And if a chick did think she was just getting approached by creepy/stalker types all day long, it's probably all in her head, and her standards/perceptions are fucked up.

25. Kalypso

Kalypso New Member

Assuming you know what I do because you know what most men do is about the most foolish thing you could do when talking to me. Just the fact that you already think you know my behavior renders this post useless.

Also, let's look at an interesting situation. A woman gets approached by 5 "Creepy" (Aka boring, uninteresting, whatever) guys every night she goes out to a club. She bitches to her friends about it "Why can't I just find a nice (Nice meaning anything but nice) guy, blahblah." Said girl goes to club next day, no one approaches her.

Do you think that A) She's glad she didn't get approached by anyone "creepy" or B) She misses the attention.