A&P SoCAL crew: Any picturesque places in Pasadena area?

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by NSX, Mar 23, 2009.

1. NSX

NSX OT Supporter

So I got asked to do engagement photos. Not really my thing cause I'm a landscape photographer, but whatever.

Descanso Gardens are out. The maggots want $250 for a two-hour session. :squint:

They live in the Pasadena, CA area. Thought about OldTown Pasadena but too crowded.

Any thoughts? :dunno:

2. Mutombo

Mutombo New Member

Old Town or the Rose Bowl :dunno:

3. Twiztid

Twiztid What the FUCK is a samoflange?

I'm more from South Orange County so I don't know of any places like IN pasadena, would depend on what kind of drive they are willing to do. The Getty Musuem and Getty Villa aren't very far away and both have some awesome outdoors areas and beautiful structures. Again, probably too many people unless you could hit it on a weekday.

The observatory overlooking LA is kinda cool, some outdoorsy areas around it also, with some pretty spectacular views of the city, though I haven't really done any of those trails lately.

I'll hit up my wife and see if she can think of any places in that area, she's a painter and sometimes drives around aimlessly looking for cool things to paint.

4. Mutombo

Mutombo New Member

The Getty Museum is in Brentwood and the Getty Villa is in Malibu. That's like 2 hours away from Pasadena in LA traffic.

5. Datass

Datass New Member

Cal Tech, Huntington Library (might have to pay), Old town on a week day is not that crowded

6. Twiztid

Twiztid What the FUCK is a samoflange?

Pasadena is 20 miles from the Getty Musuem. 30 minutes to an hour. Malibu could possibly be 2 hours depending on luck but I think 1.5 hours is more reasonable but also it would be a nice drive along the coast which may warrant a stop or 2 for some nice shots also.

Also NSX, I dunno what kind of people they are but Pasadena is right over by the 2 which goes up the mountain to Wrightwood, there are probably some good mountainy/outdoorsy shots to be had along there. Sorry I couldn't be more help =\

7. free_notes

free_notes New Member

huntington has a pretty amazing cactus garden.

8. Gvidon

Gvidon New Member

Pasadena city hall and old town...free, awesome and convenient = win.

And remember, no tripod.

9. fuzzynaval

fuzzynaval Enlighten me

LA Arboritum in Arcadia is pretty nice...might have to pay. Beach pictures in Cali are popular for engagements. Long Beach Harbor maybe?

10. Kenny Dalglish

Kenny Dalglish New Member

+1 for city hall.. it looks like something from an old school mexican zorro movie.