TAT Soaps and Soaks...

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by mymilkexpired, Jan 20, 2004.

1. mymilkexpired

mymilkexpired New Member

The topic of soaps came up the other day between me and a friend. He was using SoftSoap for his aftercare where i was using Satin/Provon. Whats the drawbacks to using one or the other? On the topic of sea salt soaks, i understand their intentions but do they really help that much? (i do mine but i dont know that i feel any better afterward persay). I had also come across someone on BME that used Lavender tea instead of sea salt, whats up with the lavendar tea soak; safe?

Discus :)

2. Nickos

Nickos Active Member

wow, this could go on forever...

ok from personal experience, i have never used softsoap or satin but i can tell you that liquid antibacterial dial is BAD, its way too harsh and dries the skin out big time.
    while in the shower i do use dial antibacterial body wash but for some reason, probably because it has moisturizers in it, it dosent really dry out any piercings.

sea salt soaks help flush and pull out and lymph (discharge) and for me, it kinda soothes a fresh piercing. sea salt soaks are a good thing if you ask me

3. mymilkexpired

mymilkexpired New Member

I prefer the Satin soap myself, it has moisturizing agents in it and what not; I guess its more of a medical grade soap. Im curious what others feel about it all in general.

4. silver98camss

silver98camss New Member

sea salt solution is my choice...i had done lots of research b4 i got my apa, and it was the only one i didn't hear any negative feed back about.

5. DejaVooDoo

DejaVooDoo *Jojo*

I am partial to sea salt soaks. I have heard of the Lavender Tea soaks...my piercer doesn't recommend them, though.